My Lifesize 1:1 ANH Han Solo

azheat01

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've waited a LONG time to get my hands on a Ford bust so I could do a 1:1 Han Solo for my collection. This popped up on eBay a few months back and I was lucky enough to get it for about $148 from a seller in Australia. I would have preferred to get one of Reel's awesome busts, but for the money I couldn't pass this up.

I think the seller sold it for less because there was a huge hole / crack in the chin. He/she tried to fix it with some wax which was a a bad idea in my opinion. Here's how it looked when I got it.

1.jpg

I removed all the wax and made a PlastiWeld pancake and backed the hole.

2.jpg

I did three layers of Bondo and a lot of sanding to get it to this point.

3.jpg

I then hit it with a little primer so I could see better. I need to match the texture of the chin with the rest of the face because the chin is a little too smooth. I'll start cleaning this up as there's still some flashing and spots I need to fix. Then I'll hit it with a final layer of primer and start painting. I have a mannequin coming so I can mount this to a full body.

4.jpg

I've been wanting to do this one for a very long time, let's see how it goes...........

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

So I've waited a LONG time to get my hands on a Ford bust so I could do a 1:1 Solo for my collection. This popped up on eBay a few months back and I was luck enough to get it for $148 from a seller in Australia. I would have preferred to get one of Reel's awesome busts, but for the money I couldn't pass this up.

I think the seller sold it for less because there was a huge hole / crack in the chin. He/she tried to fix it with some wax which was a a bad idea in my opinion. Here is how it looked when I got it.

View attachment 846729

I removed all the wax and made a PlastiWeld pancake and backed the hole.

View attachment 846730

I did three layers of Bondo and sanding to get it to this point.

View attachment 846731

I then hit it with a little primer so I could see better. I need to match the texture of the chin with the rest of the face because the chin is a little too smooth. I'll start cleaning this up as there's still some flashing and spots I need to fix. Then I'll hit it with a final layer of primer and start painting. I have a mannequin coming so I can mount this to a full body.

View attachment 846732

I've been wanting to do this one for a very long time, let's see how it goes...........

And Reel would like to have seen you with one of his busts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a lot of time to work on this, but was able to spend some time putting on the base coats. Here it is with just the flesh tone and hair painted...........

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

Then I started adding a little color; this is with 4 different layers. I was able to get the subtle variations set with some reds and browns and then muted those with some watered down flesh tones. The last shot is where I'm at now but the light kinda washes everything out.

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

Painting busts is not my strong suit, and I've watched a ton of videos based on some feedback I got from my Leia project, but I'm still learning. I still have some layers of color to add, need to paint the lips, and install the eyes before I can call it done.

He’s looking good so far!

Thank you!

Gonna try and finish up the painting on this, but wanted to do a quick test fit with the eyes. I had a heck of a time finding eyes that would work that wouldn't break the bank, so I settled on these. They're not exact but kind of a Hazel that looks good enough for me.

IMG_1035.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back