Venom (Post-release)

What did you think of Venom?

• Total voters
Yeah Woody is WAAAAAY too mellow of a dude to play someone who needs to be 100% unhinged at all times. He needs to not just be creepy, but be high energy and wacky. Even though he's older now, Willem DaFoe was always my choice.

Jim Carrey would have been my choice, we know he can play an unhinged psycho from The Number 23 he did in 2007. He has the right build and of course, can nail the facial expressions.

Cletus_Kasady_(Earth-616)_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_384_0001.jpgth.jpg

Yes,but both William Dafoe and Jim Carrey are getting older.You wouldn't want too big an age gap between Eddie Brock and Cletus Cassidy.If you look at the comic,appearance-wise they're about the same age if Cletus is not younger.My suggestion would be to cast someone new for the role.

Yes,but both William Dafoe and Jim Carrey are getting older.You wouldn't want too big an age gap between Eddie Brock and Cletus Cassidy.If you look at the comic,appearance-wise they're about the same age if Cletus is not younger.My suggestion would be to cast someone new for the role.

I agree Harrelson is 57, Dafoe 63 and Carrey is 56, but movie execs will want an established actor to compete with Hardy. And with the makeup and effects that the studios now have, I don't think age will factor into their decision.

Tme will tell.I wasn't impressed by the post-credits scene.Harrelson made me want to give him a buzz-cut.
The only hint that gave away he could be a serial killer was the message in blood on the wall

I liked the movie but my only complaint would be that something was just a bit off with Tom Hardy's accent and mannerisms

I loved it, the humor and action were spot on.

The film had a 90s feel to it, almost like a buddy cop essence (think Lethal Weapon). The fear, which turns to a reluctant partnership then eventually turns into a friendship I thought was very well done.

Hardy owned this film and was made for the part.
It did feel very 90's and I enjoyed that. No overt political messages, it was refreshing. My girlfriend and I laughed a lot more than we were expecting. I plan on watching it with my Mom actually. We both appreciate that weird, dry humor that this movie was full of. The interactions between Eddie and Venom were almost always funny.

"Let's bite off their heads."
"What? No! Why?"
"Make a pile. Pile of heads, pile of bodies."

I enjoyed it much more than "Spiderman; Homecoming", which I felt was very overrated.

It did feel very 90's and I enjoyed that. No overt political messages, it was refreshing. My girlfriend and I laughed a lot more than we were expecting. I plan on watching it with my Mom actually. We both appreciate that weird, dry humor that this movie was full of. The interactions between Eddie and Venom were almost always funny.

"Let's bite off their heads."
"What? No! Why?"
"Make a pile. Pile of heads, pile of bodies."

I enjoyed it much more than "Spiderman; Homecoming", which I felt was very overrated.

Yes. Spiderman homecoming was very overrated as are a lot of the disney marvel movies. They lack the balls that other comic movies have. Its quite sad how disney have been able to brainwash the masses and sheep to only accept mediocre simple plot lines and useless sex and turd jokes in their "universe".

There needs to be variety.

I saw this yesterday and really liked it.

My only gripes were, some visually confusing action scenes, too fast and too much cutting.........and, i expected more in the way of gore....it seemed very tame for a 15 cert film....

I liked Tom Hardy in this, and i'm usually not that bothered by him, the FX were ok, the sound was fantastic. And i was pleasantly surprised that i could understand venom's voice especially after that horrible, muffled trailer......

it was better than i thought it would be, but it DID feel as if it was definitely cut down. Let's hope for a director's Cut.

Rich

Just got back from seeing it. Packed theater, lots of people excited and cheering at parts of the film. I definitely enjoyed it despite the fact it has zero connection to the MCU. I don't think its nearly as bad as people have made it out to be. Its at least as good as any of the MCU films that aren't fan favorites.

I liked it a lot more than the trailers led me to think I would. I only went because a couple friends wanted to see it, and I was surprised that I loved it. Only a couple scenes fell flat for me -- combination of music, trope usage, stilted dialogue...

But as far as zero connection... Don't rule it out yet. No, I'm not privy to anything -- just a sense I got watching it that nothing hard-and-fast eliminated the possibility of tying it in down the road. If it hadn't had the Stan Lee cameo, I'd say it's its own universe, but that leaves it open, if handled right. I'm hoping at least for sequels, if not actual tying in to the Phase 4 MCU.

Stan Lee was in the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies and those had no connection to the MCU, so I don't think that alone means anything. I still seriously doubt they'll tie this universe into the Tom Holland Spiderverse.

Saw it again Thursday evening, at one of the luxury theaters. Dad and I took my Mom for her birthday (68th, she's atypical). They really enjoyed it. Pretty good sized crowd really. Audience was rollin' during the restaurant scene.

Have to say I enjoyed it more the second time. I mean, Tom Hardy went at this like he's going to win an oscar, or he has something to prove to hey-day Jim Carrey. There's something to be admired about that. I liked a few of the other decisions, such as Anne's new boyfriend actually being likeable, and not an abuser or bad guy fodder as he would become in most movies. I'm fine with the movie's shortcomings. It's one of the weirdest bromance/buddy comedies I've ever seen, and has some pretty memorable lines.

Probably heard Mom laugh the hardest at the scene when Eddie crashes through the kids' apartment window - "I got a parasite."

Stan Lee was in the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies and those had no connection to the MCU, so I don't think that alone means anything. I still seriously doubt they'll tie this universe into the Tom Holland Spiderverse.
Not what I meant. I was saying Stan being there makes it possible, at some point, to maybe tie it in. If he hadn't been in it, I'd say no chance. Just because they didn't with the Amazing Spider-Man films doesn't mean they can't here. Whether they will we'll just have to wait and see.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back