NEED: Star Wars Black Series 40th anniversary 6 inch C3P0 and R2D2 packaging

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
As the thread states. I never completed collecting the 40th anniversary figures in the retro style packaging. I have most of the key figures but sadly I am not fond of the 3P0 and R2 in that series, they just look like soft unfinished sculpts to me. What I want to do it get some packaging and put my Bandi models in the respective packages and then display them alongside the rest of the collection.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thank you.

Not sure how it went in the US, but here in Australia, there was only 1 Han Solo and 1 R2 D2 per carton, making these two figures very hard to get to complete the 12.

I ended buying a carded R2 from Canada (for a premium price) and a friend on the other side of the country (who works for a toy chain) sourced me a carded Han Solo (at their cost price, not RRP, which helped offset the high price of R2).

Whilst the Bandai R2-D2 and C-3PO are nicer figures than the Hasbro, the carded Hasbro figures are keepers if you buy the Landspeeder. The Bandai C-3PO can not sit and the R2 is too long for the speeder.

On a side note, I think my converted ESB to ANH Bandai Vader is leaps ahead of the Hasbro ANH Vader.
The new Luke (that comes with the speeder) is a bit a waste of time as well. I prefer the original sculpt.

People are slowly realizing that these figures do not command the same money as original 1977 figures, and now people are selling these sets off.
Unlike others that went into these purely for profit, I did not and will not sell my complete set.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back