SUPERMAN: the movie - question

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So it's 40 years since the movie premiered, and 80 years since Superman saw the light of day.

To my question, in the prologue where the kid reads the Superman comic... the Action Comics seen on screen:
action comics.png

Is that available anywhere? Or did someone ever make a replica? :confused

Honestly, over the years, I have never been able to find out anything about that comic. I can tell you that's not any cover art on any issue of Action Comics up to that point, that it was made specifically for the film, and that's it. Who made it, how many, whether it was even in black-and-white or color -- nothing. :(

Honestly, over the years, I have never been able to find out anything about that comic. I can tell you that's not any cover art on any issue of Action Comics up to that point, that it was made specifically for the film, and that's it. Who made it, how many, whether it was even in black-and-white or color -- nothing. :(

Fudge.
Thanks for the reply though! :)

Before asking here I also asked CapedWonder.com, no luck.
I did find out rather easily that the cover at least seemed to be a custom made one... probably the inside as well.

I'm working on a small tribute, by recreating the intro sequence. At first I thought of doing the text credits for real. But I decided to go with CGI text instead, easier and that is where I feel more at home :D

Look at that cover again...who does the second ship escaping belong to? :lol

I I would love a poster of that cover!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back