ESB making of doc

I got a thread coming soon so we can investigate in there, I really highjacked this sucker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most recent theory is the ROTJ Vader saber as the source for that clamp. Holes don't line up with the riveted one!

I had always thought that this was the ROTJ Vader stunt prior to the other detail elements being added. If so, it appears that it never had a GRAFLEX clamp to take from.

B114EB35-286C-484A-AEE1-23386F7EDAC3.jpeg

Regarding the rivets not lining up in the bladed ESB stunt example I posted against the holes in the clamp of the current V3 clamp, that was meant only as an example of a bladed ESB stunt to illistrate a theory. These things were far from uniform in their execution. It’s entirely possible the V3 replacement clamp was pulled from a GRAFLEX bladed stunt with only 3 rivets or screws in the clamp.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Also, there is a clamp in that photo.. gaffer tape covering everything. I'm surprised you haven't come across that yet

Gotcha. Also, there is a clamp in that photo.. gaffer tape covering everything. I'm surprised you haven't come across that yet

Ah, good eye. Interesting. This would add further evidence to the use of “gaffer wrapping” for comfort on the bladed stunt variants.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back