Spiderman PS4 Ben Reilly Fabric?

Liamrocksla0

Has anyone found a fabric similar to this one that we can see detailed in the Spiderman PS4 game? i'm going to attempt to create a handmade Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider and would like to attempt to make it look something like the one from the PS4 game it has a beautiful model and texture and i think it'd be a fun final project for my college sewing class.
Spidey cosplay.jpg

thanks! i've already ordered a swatch from their main company and i am also wondering is there a fabric that has that hexagonal texture that you can see on the arms and midsection?
Spidey cosplay2.jpgSpidey cosplay3.jpg

looking at it I was guessing it was that Cordura fabric with a wide Hexagonal mesh laid over with a little Fabric gloss paint on it. I don't know exactly what width of hexagonal mesh but i think somewhere near 7mm may work.
Shoulder Mesh.jpg

the best way (though not the cheapest) to get the results that would be accurate would be High Density screen printing on a stretch fabric, Like all of the superhero suits are doing now a days. A cheaper, but more work intense way, would be to dye sub print the design then hand puff paint over the whole pattern.

A neoprene spacer mesh might work well for the arm/chest pieces. I looked into it for a deadpool costume but the mesh pattern was too large. However for this suit it seems like the combination of the large mesh size combined with it being a very thick dimensional material would work really well.
https://i.etsystatic.com/8250854/r/il/a6e938/772622711/il_570xN.772622711_k2tc.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/listing/233535...MIprmthubo3QIVCNVkCh05qATBEAkYASABEgIbxPD_BwE

The thing about the neoprene is that it seems finer than the size I need, I know the whole idea of printing on stretch fabric is easier too but me myself have been told that I’m not changing much body type wise so I wanted a high value and long project to work on I intend on 3D printing the face shell and seeing if anywhere sells just the glossy lenses so I can finish the mask first. I’ll be sure to document this build both for class and those out there who may like to replicate it. So far the idea for the main body of the suit is the Cordura 4 stretch fabric and for the detail parts such as the stripes that line the suit are non textured stretch fabric and a little of the Cordura Ultra Light for some of the square shaped textures on the feet. For the accessories I am currently getting more in detail screenshots from the game to see if I can 3D model and print them. For now it’s all prototyping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks! i've already ordered a swatch from their main company and i am also wondering is there a fabric that has that hexagonal texture that you can see on the arms and midsection?
View attachment 846157View attachment 846158

I just received my swatches a day later from the company and I like the color of the lite and the texture but I need the stretch of the Cotton Inc fabric overall impressed with the response time and the striking colors!
61bd1af4202db9a5729d867304245bd9.jpg

I have started with the sweatshirt, I took an hour removing the pockets and sleeves as carefully as I could from this $12 sweatshirt from target and printed out my custom designed symbol across 4 pieces of paper. At Joanne's I was able to find a small can of fabric spray paint and the one in the 3 pack works perfectly for the style I want. With a spray from about a foot away I got my desired texture!
d293e0fa1c969598fb23de903c11adac.jpg
6eb0ef4401f769c07a9934b2c1604d62.jpg
19073fff49539270a4a13c87957d16ee.jpg

The last thing I did tonight is that I took the soles out of some really thin old shoes, I plan on sanding them down tomorrow with my belt sander so I can get nicer edges but I like how well they came out!
62a1a735ec787f85ab22c6deac3d22da.jpg
152d328f05c833529bb743ddcd52b70f.jpg

Tonight in trying a cheaper alternative for the back, it takes longer to dry but I has a nice spray pattern and has quite a bit in it. I got mine from BLICK Art Store
A specialty art store in my area.
2a6532445002d13725b451fa25b08a38.jpg
wearing the sweatshirt today with all red made my friends nerd out because we're all crazy Marvel fans...
b8dc6230c71d3f2d4f30540bdeaf3d54.jpg
again I used the same stencil cut out with an exact-o
db98208b30b7f5a854e7b58ae55fea13.jpg
bba3a73ce8d15d3352849657222fe1e1.jpg
I'm excited to receive my first face shell soon and all my fabric as well, I have some fun ideas for the muscles on the suit! I'll let you know more when I get them in hand!

I messaged Cordura Corporate with the email found on their main site, they are quite helpful and will get you many different samples from many different mills, if asked.

I used a similar technique to you, but used Createx Colors fabric paint for the spider logo and then hit it with a hairdryer to cure it.

unnamed.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back