Time for another "Lets ID that film!"

Re: Time for another "Lets ID that film!"

I think that's Revenge of the Nerd.

NOT Revenge of the Nerds the famous teen comedy movie that in retrospect is super-rapey... but Revenge of the NERD (singular). I recall it pretty well as I had the novelization. I think the nerd's name was Bertram? It's really hard to find info on cause google immediately jumps to Revenge of the NerdS.
Yes! Thanks. That the one! Apparently, it was a short TV movie in a series of independent short stories.
I am pretty sure that it was on TV (or VHS) that I had seen it as a kid back in the '80s but I have seen a lot of movies first on TV (or VHS), so I did not know that it had been a TV movie specifically.

The Asphyx?
Haven't seen it but sounded like an interesting concept so googled some key bits.

That's it! Thank you! I just looked at the synopsis on Wikipedia and I was wrong about a lot of the details. It was made in the early 70's!! Looks like the complete movie is on youtube. I may be watching that tonight.

Thanks again!

Ok, heres one for all of you die hard movie fans. I have one memory of a 70's movie. I think it was about a guy who may have been an FBI or similar agent trying to take a Witness? or someone across country. Trying to keep them safe and off the grid all the way obviously. The fbi guy reminds me of Michael Beck and how he looked in the warriors.

The only real scene I can remember is when the person he is with either gets taken or escapes in their car and he goes to a used car dealer to get a car to pursue them. And the car dealer says " Son.... you need a fast car" in a very southern accent. The very next scene is the fbi guy racing around mountain roads in possibly a Mach1 Mustang with a big ole blower hanging out the bonnet. Scetchy details but thats all i can remember from seeing it some 30 years ago.

Enjoy.

Can I throw a TV series into the mix?

Late 90s/early 2000s. Would've been on one of the major networks (probably NBC or CBS, didn't watch much on the other channels). Lead is a cop or FBI or something. He's investigating a case, and this woman demands to see him, because she has this tattoo on her back that has clues or something. And it seems to be magic, because it's always changing or something.

Can I throw a TV series into the mix?

Late 90s/early 2000s. Would've been on one of the major networks (probably NBC or CBS, didn't watch much on the other channels). Lead is a cop or FBI or something. He's investigating a case, and this woman demands to see him, because she has this tattoo on her back that has clues or something. And it seems to be magic, because it's always changing or something.
Wow, haven’t thought of this one in years! I can’t remember the name at the moment though, sorry!

I have one. Might be a Tales from the Crypt episode as well. I can't remember much, but there is some kind of green or purple glowing liquid in vials that gives people strength. I remember a scene where a woman is hanging from a cliff edge, she just needs one last drop from the vial to have enough strength to pull herself up.

Not sure, but in my mind she seemed to have cat-like features.

I thought it was Clare Higgins . But I can't seem to find it on IMDB.

Also,

There is a music video I can't find. I swear it was David Bowie and Peter Gabriel. (Maybe it was Phil Collins?) In the music video they were saying something like "That was an excellent death!" The video was really satanic and disturbing. It aired on MTV back in the 90's I believe.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back