Platsil gel 10 question.

Craigery88

I'm about to start making a realistic mask of my girlfriends face and want to know that if the face cast is coated in AL-COTE (separating agent) will it have any affect or mess with the platsil gel 10 I'll use to make the negative of her face? Thanks.

Its a bit vague here on your description of what you intend to do or have already done. Please tell me you're NOT putting the Gel 10 on your girlfriends face! What steps have you done and where are you in the whole process?

Its a bit vague here on your description of what you intend to do or have already done. Please tell me you're NOT putting the Gel 10 on your girlfriends face! What steps have you done and where are you in the whole process?

Haha no definitely not putting it on her directly. I made a face cast of her face and I coated the face cast in AL-Cote. I'm going to use the platsil gel 10 to make a negative of her face cast, and I didn't know if the al-cote would have any affect on the silicone.

Had to look up Al-Cote to see what it was. Looks like its a barrier coat for dental plaster used for acrylic tooth construction. Is your master cast made from dental plaster? Guessing you ill be ok. I had a dental plaster cast of the nose for my Eagle from Space:1999 where i used regular tin cured silicone and a standard mld release. Worked just fine.
Are you re-molding the plaster cast so as to make a resin copy?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back