Battlestar Galactica: 40th Anniversary

I've been catching the whole series again on METV recently.
There as always were some painful eps but some really great stuff too.
Shame the series just was not sustainable for it's costs. I remember it
being very popular with the other kids at that time.

It was must see tv back in the day!

So sad Richard did’nt make it to see the Anniversery...

I wonder how many people even realize that TOS BSG even exists. I think there were/are a lot of people who only know the new version.

Does anyone seem to remember that the time slot for the original season was kind of odd? Where I lived (central time) it came on at like 6pm Sunday nights or something like that. I remember always only getting to see the first ten minutes before I was whisked away to go to church which started at 6:30. No matter how much I begged my parents to let me stay home and watch it--nope...In my household as a youth, nothing, and I mean NOTHING got you out of going to church on Sunday night.

I remember all my friends would be talking about it the next day at school, but I could never join in the conversation because I spent the evening getting yelled at by a Southern preacher.

"I came from a world where the people believed that the opposite of war was peace.
We found out the hard way that the opposite of war is more often slavery.
And that strength, strength alone, can support freedom." -Captain Apollo

:love

It originally aired Sunday nights.

It was a family themed show so that was a logical choice.

I would watch “60 Minutes” then switch channels for BSG!

Does anyone seem to remember that the time slot for the original season was kind of odd? Where I lived (central time) it came on at like 6pm Sunday nights or something like that. I remember always only getting to see the first ten minutes before I was whisked away to go to church which started at 6:30. No matter how much I begged my parents to let me stay home and watch it--nope...In my household as a youth, nothing, and I mean NOTHING got you out of going to church on Sunday night.

I remember all my friends would be talking about it the next day at school, but I could never join in the conversation because I spent the evening getting yelled at by a Southern preacher.

God I feel old! I remember getting all the BSG toys one Christmas. All the ships with the spring loaded missiles,and the Galactica where it launched vipers... good times!

If I recall there was a recall on the toys, something to do with the launching missles as choke hazard or something.

Yes—the recall has long been believed to have been the reason the fabled “rocket-firing” Boba Fett was cancelled.

“What’s this? My newly arrived Boba Fett has a glued-in rocket???”

“Gee thanks ADAMA!” :)

If I recall there was a recall on the toys, something to do with the launching missles as choke hazard or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Original Battlestar.......Absolutely Amazing Coolest Show as a kid :) Still watch it on MeTV :)
The Music, Ships, Characters and all were just jaw dropping as kid :) Grateful I grew up with the show.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back