Tunisia Pilgrimage

Not this March (I'm going to Tikal!), but I'm thinking about it maybe for March 2020. It'd be fun to link up with a few other RPF folks for a group trip perhaps...

Dan

That’d be awesome! I wonder if a large group of westerners is more or less likely to be beheaded than a small group? That’s probably my biggest deterrent at this point... cost be damned.

It's easy to forget about things like this.

Isn't it amazing how under-developed humans still are?

Little more than animals, we are.

My friends and me planned to do this trip as well about two years ago.
Even back then we canceled it due to security risks, since the Tunisia locations we would have liked to visit are in fact close to the Lybian border...remotely located in the desert.

Not worth risking your life...crazy times :(

Same for me. I was planning a trip there with friends until there was a terrorist attack a couple years ago. Ever since it has been under a travel watch because of the potential threats from the borders. I still really want to go, hopefully things will settle down a bit.

My friends and me planned to do this trip as well about two years ago.
Even back then we canceled it due to security risks, since the Tunisia locations we would have liked to visit are in fact close to the Lybian border...remotely located in the desert.

Not worth risking your life...crazy times :(

If you guys do end up going to Tunisia, pick me up a ISIS flag would ya.

Preferably one without blood on it.

do you think that's funny?

- - - Updated - - -

Same for me. I was planning a trip there with friends until there was a terrorist attack a couple years ago. Ever since it has been under a travel watch because of the potential threats from the borders. I still really want to go, hopefully things will settle down a bit.

My opinion...days of normality are long gone and will NEVER come back. There's just too much happening in the world :(

I totally agree on "human stupidity", no hurt feelings with regards to this ;)
but your comment about the flag is just inappropriate IMHO...too many casualties to make fun of this topic

I just meant it would be a bad idea to travel to a place like Tunisia at the moment :D

In my eyes you need to laugh about all the craziness that happens in the world. Because it was always thus, and always thus will be.

That is the way of things, the way of the Force.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back