Starting a new Boba Fett Helmet !!

Amsterdamned

Hey there,

After a year or so, I started working again on EVA foam props, and this time I really wanted to start with a Boba Fett Helmet.
My Aim this time is to do it a bit more professional, like using better tools and using my time and peace to make sure I have a decent prop.

I started out using pepaura on iMac (using wineskin) that was not easy but it works now :) although it doesn't print in the software, I had to save as PDF.
Not ideal but It'll work for now.

Also I've bought a brand new Dremel 3000.

I'm living in the Netherlands so I can't go to a Costco or Home Depot, but I found a good website (cosplayshop) in Belgium that have decent prices and almost all the best known glues and foam etc. Also I watched a LOT of youtube channels like kamuicosplay, Evil Ted and Tested (big fan of Adam Savage here!) to make sure I do this properly.

(last year my rocketeer helmet was fast build and very sloppy)

I'll use this thread to show you how I engage in this project and also use it to ask you guys lots and lots of questions ;-)
(like my first question is...the patterns sometimes have this tabs like in the last picture. but I use foam, how do I need to cut this,, do I need to improvise or is there a standart?)

Here are my first pics, you're welcome to comment ;-)

20180924_005201.jpg20180924_005224.jpg20180924_005254.jpg

Hmm,, seems that I've made a mistake,, If someone can help me give some info, that'll be great haha. Seems like the nek opening is just 11 cm,, that is way to small to fit my head in.
Think I need to try again with the paterns.

20180924_232628.jpg

began again with new templates, (I have 2 sheets of Eva Foam 10mm) so I can compare the sizes. (I think I made a mistake by using metric and imperial combined)

20180925_012442.jpg

and I hit a snag,, had this great tutorial on youtube, but don't know if I should go from here and bit affraid to keep going.
I tried to contact the propmaster, now I wait.

I need this project to keep my head a bit clear.
Hope someone can help me. the files are from propmaster Robert walker.
20180929_220806.jpg20180927_005058.jpg

What problems are you having exactly? I've built a Boba helmet before, so may be able to help. I used different templates though. You may want to post over on The Dented Helmet forum. It's specific for Boba stuff, so more likely to get specific help there :)

Thnx Magnavis, Will do that ! I've contacted the propmaster and he gave me some advice so I hope that it will do.
I've finished cutting most of my templated in 10 en 5 mm Eva foam. Next week I'll start on the ear-piece and antenna.

I'll make sure to post some pics. Also, would like te make like a bluetooth - handsfree set inside the helmet. but that will be if it is near finished.

Does anyone know if I should use the Dremel before glueing the templates together? I've seen a lot of different methods, like Dremel the seems after using quickseal when the the templates are glued together, but I also saw a tutorial that they used a Dremel on each foam template before glueing.

I'll check the dented helmet.

thnx for the heads-up ;-)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back