i need some help - advice about this destiny armor

BoomCo

Hey hello, I need some serious help here..
Okay maybe someone can help me even teach me how to sew cuz I'm starting with all this about cosplay (I'm a prop maker) and I want to make this really nice. (even I'm thinking about to buy the sew machine)
If any near to Dallas? I'll be pleased.

I want to make this "armor" but I need maybe some patterns, and Im worried about how to sew the neck area, also there's a 2 option for the graphics? Like I don't want to make a mess painting.

do you think it is a good idea modify some cloth? or start from scratch?
Maybe some start dummy guide about how to start in this world...
42354047_1345885152238380_6556410861747961856_n.jpg

if it was me i would start with a base red coat then look at adding the colour pannels/coller zips and fasteners. i imagine its to bespoke to find any thing close to it your definatly need a sewing machine or sweet talk someone into adding the extras your need. basic sewing is all i can do hope you get some more advice in that department

yes i was thinking the same, if i cant find anyone i guess ill buy the sewing machine, of course ill make more cosplays in the future, is just i need some advice. but thanks

Also looks to have a very similar cut to Neo's trench. I work more with hard parts, but I would think if you could mod a pattern like that or great coat as D6 mentioned, then add a collar insert in foam or heavy card stock to support the shape around the neck. Worse-case, you could pull the .STL from the Destiny generator and work up a fabric pattern using pepakura. A lot of leg work I know, but it can be done. Good luck!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back