*Official Photoshoot* B- Wing Fighter 1/72 Scale Bandai Model *Official Photoshoot*

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
Okay guys, here is the finished model at last. I tried again for a movie, film look but tried some different angles with this ship. Its geometry is so rare and at the same time so cool that I felt it called for equally rare poses. I went for some artsy look so forgive me if they look a bit strange. I will let you guys decide if they are worthy or not. I was very satisfied with them!

30980010098_11289e8092_k.jpg
269A1576-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

29916036927_05d6cc1128_k.jpg
269A1578-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

29916033947_e581df1317_k.jpg
269A1580-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

29916030497_fc786ef802_k.jpg
269A1582-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

29916027647_332d5d62d2_k.jpg
269A1584-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

29916026037_59c2d6d7c3_k.jpg
269A1586-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

29916023267_d738f2a1e6_k.jpg
269A1592-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

43041303160_23292d5336_k.jpg
269A1596 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

43041301380_1554fb9f0d_k.jpg
269A1598-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

43041300100_d7b91ae22d_k.jpg
269A1600-Edit-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Sorry for all the flares though! :D

Re: *Official Photoshoot* B- Wing Fighter 1/72 Scale Bandai Model *Official Photosh

Awesome work! Very nice photos.

Re: *Official Photoshoot* B- Wing Fighter 1/72 Scale Bandai Model *Official Photosh

That's just wicked beautiful ! Can you share how you pulled off that photography? The model is outstanding on its own but the pics blow me away!

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!

That's just wicked beautiful ! Can you share how you pulled off that photography? The model is outstanding on its own but the pics blow me away!

Thanks! Its a matter of finding the angle against the sky to achieve the most interesting image. For example the first 2 were shot completely upside down against a clear blue sky with some clouds. Doing so creates the illusion that the image was taken from another ship over the subject creating the illusion of flying OVER the clouds. Also since Im shooting a small model, its important to shoot at a very small f/stop. In this case f/32 to get a better depth of field and have most of the ship in focus. Manipulating the WB to create a film look was part of the PP, as well as adding the flares and lighting effects. The anchor point to the base was cloned out also in PP.

Equipment used:
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon 100mm L lens f/2.8

Software:
Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Photoshop

Thanks! Its a matter of finding the angle against the sky to achieve the most interesting image. For example the first 2 were shot completely upside down against a clear blue sky with some clouds. Doing so creates the illusion that the image was taken from another ship over the subject creating the illusion of flying OVER the clouds. Also since Im shooting a small model, its important to shoot at a very small f/stop. In this case f/32 to get a better depth of field and have most of the ship in focus. Manipulating the WB to create a film look was part of the PP, as well as adding the flares and lighting effects. The anchor point to the base was cloned out also in PP.

Equipment used:
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon 100mm L lens f/2.8

Software:
Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Photoshop

Awesome lense flare also!

Pretty cool. Try adding in some motion blur when taking the pictures to really sell a starfighter in flight. :)

Looks so good that it actually looks like really good CGI.

Looks great but I would say some of the pics could use a bit more focus on the model. It might just be me but some look a little off focus/clear. Love the colours used, I am going to fill that crack/gap/join on the cockpit halves it will really bother me if I don't.

Last edited:

Looks great but I would say some of the pics could use a bit more focus on the model. It might just be me but some look a little off focus/clear. Love the colours used, I am going to fill that crack/gap/join on the cockpit halves it will really bother me if I don't.

What you are is due to the depth of field. Since the model is small even going with a f/32 some of it may still be OOF. I tried to keep the focus point in the cockpit area. As you move your eyes away you will see it becoming slightly more softer. Its a small model although the images may hide the fact. Also these were taken handheld since I hate using tripods! LOL! There could be some motion artifacts. I could have gone with a higher SS.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back