True scout blaster (EC-17) dimensions???

Unfated

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone figured out the true biker scout blaster dimensions? I printed one on my 3d printer a while
back it seamed too small, so i recently reprinted it at 105% and it still seams very small.
I've read somewhere it should be 21cm long, but I've read in other place smaller.
I'd like to print a nice display blaster, but want it to be fairly accurate.

Last edited:
Would it be wrong to scale it from the SinglePoint scope?
That should be 7.25" long (if the blueprints I have are correct). The original blaster was cast in resin, so subtract 2% for shrinkage ⇒ scope 18.0 cm long.

Would it be wrong to scale it from the SinglePoint scope?
That should be 7.25" long (if the blueprints I have are correct). The original blaster was cast in resin, so subtract 2% for shrinkage ⇒ scope 18.0 cm long.

That might work. The 105% is just a tiny bit smaller than 18cm. Maybe I should try 108%? I'd rather a tiny bit larger, than smaller. I'm in the middle of
114% now and i'd hate to waist it, but if its going to be really large maybe I should stop the print. Maybe i'll let the handle I'm currently printing finish and put
the larger print aside until someone needs a larger scout blaster.

Wow, those photos are great. Unfortunately the rulers are unreadable even after I sharpened the contrasted with photo shop.

You might try overlaying another ruler image over the ruler in the image where the main body is being measured - it's just clear enough on the left end to make out the first few inch markings to set the scale of the ruler

If you are printing the superb click together blaster off thingiverse , (custom3dprops)it needs to be 106 percent, and use Cura scale tool to make the scope 180 long .
If you are printing the two halfs one off thingiverse, ( mrpoopie) it's ok at 100 but the handle is about 5 mm too short .
Yes, this blaster is small. !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are printing the superb click together blaster off thingiverse , (custom3dprops)it needs to be 106 percent, and use Cura scale tool to make the scope 180 long .
If you are printing the two halfs one off thingiverse, ( mrpoopie) it's ok at 100 but the handle is about 5 mm too short .
Yes, this blaster is small. !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's the clip together one. I've printed one at 105% and I'm now printing one at 108%. The 108% seems the correct size after scaling from photos
of the screen used blaster and using the scope for scale. I tried a 114% and it was way too big. I'm going to stick to the 108%. I'm not printing this thing again lol.

I really hope someone will get their hands on a screen used Scout blaster and make some copies for the collectors. This is one of the very few blasters that no one has made from screen used so far. EFX said once they will make one with the Legend Scout, but no one believes EFX anymore.

This is what i ended up with. The overall length is 7.75". The scope matches up size wise with a resin cast of a real
red dot scope. I even put on a pair of leather gloves to compare grip with screen grabs. Sorry for the poor iPhone photos.
I don't have a prop photography set up.

These are not my files. I got them from Thingiverse. Zenix made theses files i'm pretty sure.

IMG_1565.jpegIMG_1566.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1567.jpeg
    IMG_1567.jpeg
    949.5 KB · Views: 681
I'm printing one out at the mo, I guessed at 110% because my first print was so tiny.
Glad that you came up with 108 :)

What is your process getting that nice finish Unfated ?

I'm printing one out at the mo, I guessed at 110% because my first print was so tiny.
Glad that you came up with 108 :)

What is your process getting that nice finish Unfated ?
I give all the parts a really good sanding. Then I use filler primer and light sanding between coats.
After a few coats of filler primer I put the blaster together and I start polishing it with soft cotton
archive gloves. That pushed the primer into any low areas and gives it a smooth glossy surface.
At this point if you still need a bit more smoothing you can give it more filler primer and more gloves.
Then a light satin black coat and then some satin clear. The better your printer is the less work you need to do.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back