Does this look like screen match to you?

Is this screen matched?

• Yes it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Petar

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to screen match leather vest from one movie,but I can't be 100% sure is it a screen match?
Judging by your opinion,would you say is this vest screen matched to this scene?
Please take a look at picture below:
raiden.PNG

If you don't have time to reply,I'm putting voting poll,so you can vote.
Every comment is welcome!

It could be, but the photo on the right is crap. If that is the prop and it is not your photo ask for a better one. I have bumped up the exposure of the photos and the 'lip' next to the seam matches. But to say it is a 100% it all is too vague.

raiden.PNG

my opinion is NO. there seems to be a "leather pattern" running on the left/right of the seam line that isn't there in the second pic. there "looks" to be another seam line at the top of the rip on the left pic. and there is no seam on the second pic. other details "to me" don't match as well.

Yep, I think it is. Look at the collar pattern, where the angle changes - there’s a “heart” shape in between the left facing slants and the right. The geometry there looks like it matches across the other landmarks. The seams, that heart, the contour of the upper tear, they all line up relative to one another. That’s really difficult to achieve. Not even a production stunt or secondary hero would match so exactly on soft goods. If someone replicated it, they went to a lot of trouble.

I think the detail around that shoulder seam is just lost in compression/grading. There’s no way everything but that matches so closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the inside of the seam on the bottom flap of the tear. At the edge, the cross section/top view is also a pretty matchable upside down “V,” I think.

Thanks guys for answers.
As for picture,it's not mine,it's from Golden Closet.
I would like to ask them if they could take a better picture of prop itself,but I'm afraid they either won't want to do it,or they'll ask for me to pay because they categorize that as ''research'' which costs $95 per hour.
If I could only see a bit better this red part I would know is it a screen match or not.mk.PNG
Did any of you had experience with Golden Closet (i know they are closed,but they still sell old items)and do you think they would take pictures for free since they have few hundreds of props and costumes?

EDIT:Here is prop link itself from Golden Closet if that's gonna help anyone:
https://www.thegoldencloset.com/mer...arch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

If you are a part of the big prop Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/movieprops/) you can find Breanna Livie there. She was one of the owners. She still has pieces which she sells, but what I don't know. Contact her via FB I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Golden Closet is closed now and Breanna is retired.
Are you sure she is not selling anymore as an individual? I do see her name pop up in the FB group from time to time.

If you are a part of the big prop Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/movieprops/) you can find Breanna Livie there. She was one of the owners. She still has pieces which she sells, but what I don't know. Contact her via FB I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure she is not selling anymore as an individual? I do see her name pop up in the FB group from time to time.

Thanks for contact info,I sent her message on Facebook and ask if she still sells that piece,and if she can take few photos of ripped part on vest.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back