Spirit store Ghostbusters goggles and ghost trap

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just saw these today and they look pretty good. The goggles are 30.00 and the ghost trap is 50.00. Has anyone picked these up to do a review?

Goggles....
The look of the goggles is close enough for a Halloween prop. I'd say it's not more or less accurate than the Spirit Proton Pack. The weathering is silver brush strokes. I will repaint mine in the Spring when it gets warm and dry enough.

Adjustable side straps, but the top strap is not. These will eventually get replaced with more accurate looking straps.

The goggles face-side is rubber and fairly comfortable. Does not need additional or modified padding IMO. Will not accommodate wearing eyeglasses behind the goggles.

The right lens tube features a green light. The problem is that the small LED that makes the light will bounce off the lens and right back into your eye, so prepare to have a fairly bright green light shining right into your eye when on. I plan to mostly have them resting on my forehead, which the goggles are light enough to do.

Ghost Trap...
The movie trap and the trap they show in the spirit store advertisements have doors that open up wide like a V. Every production trap I saw the doors open up but slant toward each other like an A. Defective run or false advertising? Also when holding the trap handle the right door is floppy and loose when opened on every one I've tried.

Otherwise it lights up neat and makes sounds, including Slimer noises. No cord or foot peddle. Does have a belt hook.

PKE Meter...
Looks pretty good. Arms move in and out and feature lights. The screen has a moving green dot. Features sounds. Belt hook on back. Beware when buying. Use the test button and ensure that the arms move correctly.

I'd say the gear is worth getting, but I am a bit disappointed about the trap doors not opening up all the way. Just use the 20% coupons you can find online easily. It's only good for a single item, so bring some friends.

My Spirit stores had 1 goggle each, and 3-4 each of traps, proton packs, and PKE meters.

I bought all of the Spirit Ghostbusters props. I completely agree with MrSouthpaw's opinions of them. I love the PKE. It's not 100% accurate but it looks great and the fact that it functions correctly is great. The goggles are ok for $30. They're missing a ton of details and the paint is sloppy but they're not bad for the price. I love the ghost trap even though it's not very accurate but it is full size and for $50 it can't be beat. I also bought the belt. It's not bad either. Again, it's not 100% accurate but for $10 it's surprisingly well made.

Bought everything but the proton pack (too undersized for my tastes). Very impressed with the quality and upgrades should be very doable for them. This has helped kickstart my GB build and will be great starters for the build while I eventually upgrade.

I picked up both the PKE and Trap today. LOVE THEM! I want to modify them but I'm nervous about starting the process. The main things I want to do with the PKE is open it up, move the screen and the lights up to the proper sloped angle, lower the color buttons, sand down the slope that should be there around the edge of the main control area. Maybe a few more things... but I'm waiting to see if someone else opens up one first. LOL

I previously bought the Proton pack and added Alice frame, legris connectors etc and full sound set up and have it connected to my Matty wand and it now looks and sounds like the $2K rigs for a couple of hundred bucks but only 80% of the size. This is fine as it is only used as a display piece and I will upload some pics soon but I have tried to log on to the Spirit website recently and all I get is either a rough looking site with no functionality or more recently what just looks like the page programming script only. Anyone else had this problem or could it be that I am restricted access because I am in the UK for some strange reason?

Last edited:
I just went to the site and I didn't have a problem. They still have the Ghostbusters stuff on their site too!!!

I previously bought the Proton pack and added Alice frame, legris connectors etc and full sound set up and have it connected to my Matty wand and it now looks and sounds like the $2K rigs for a couple of hundred bucks but only 80% of the size.

Would love to see your upgrades

I just went to the site and I didn't have a problem. They still have the Ghostbusters stuff on their site too!!!

That's really strange because I get this all the time but I don't have a problem with any other website. Even if I use a Google search, or a link recommended by someone else all I get is this script!!!!!!!.

Just looked on Spirit's site, I can't even find Ghostbusters listed. Linky?

woqn7ui.png

As requested by MiamiLoco here are some pics of my modified Proton Pack with Matty Wand and hopefully a video too. The pack is mounted on an MDF backboard which the Alice Frame is attached to. It contains a rechargeable 12v battery to power the lights, soundboard and amplifier through a 10w 8ohm speaker. It was first completely re-painted and weathered before adding the upgrade mods, Legris elbows, ribbon cable, metal brackets, real resistors etc. Hope you enjoy!

20190112_154828.jpg 20190112_154836.jpg 20190112_154848.jpg 20190112_154918.jpg 20190112_155041.jpg

Attachments

• 20190112_154940.jpg
    20190112_154940.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 679
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back