Need lighting ideas

Tatooine_Todd

Sr Member
I have a cool, antique "shelf" (its actually from an old barn and was used for chickens) that I use to display my blasters and lightsabers. It's in my theater, and due to its location and the depth of the pockets, it's hard to see the guns very well.

I need some ideas for lighting. Ideally, the light fixtures would light both levels and be subdued (smallish) at the same time (if that makes sense). I don't want the focus to be on the lighting, rather, it should be on the props.

Blaster shelf.jpg

Have you looked at LED light pads/squares to stick on the top of each display bay, you would have to search for the right size or even ones you could cut down to size

side note, what's the one in the top row, second over, that looks like a blow dryer with a party hat on the front, and what's way down on the end in the top row? that silver thing sticking out? My nerd cred only tells me where the others are from.

side note, what's the one in the top row, second over, that looks like a blow dryer with a party hat on the front, and what's way down on the end in the top row? that silver thing sticking out? My nerd cred only tells me where the others are from.

sheridan-shooting.jpg

Babylon 5 PPG

FP.jpg

Forbidden Planet Blaster

There is a facing plank missing from the top shelf, and there are ugly marks where it had been. Find it and reattach it, or nail on a new one painted to match.
Then both shelf levels would have spaces behind the facing planks where you could hide small LEDs.

Maybe a single white LED in the centre of each box or a LED in each corner, pointed towards the centre of the box to focus the light on the prop and not so much onto the box's walls.
You could route (with router or table saw) a groove at the back of each facing plank for the wires to go through.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back