Where can I find a great Luke ROTJ saber hilt

Tatooine_Todd

Sr Member
I love OT sabers. I really need a high quality Luke ROTJ saber hilt. Any suggestions?

Here is my current collection:

Roman's Saber: MPP "Battle Worn" Vader
Darth Vader ESB Saber - Romans Sabers.jpg

Roman's Saber: Flashgun 7 "Battle Worn" Luke ESB
Luke Skywalker ESB Saber - Romans Sabers.jpg

Roman's Sabers: MK1 "weathered" Obi-Wan
Obi-Wan ANH Saber - Romans Sabers.jpg

Depends on which one you want.

For a V2: Anakin Starkiller here still has some available over in Project Runs, last I heard, which was just the other day. There's also the RPK Customs one, which is still available, and the new Solo's Hold, which is coming soon. The AS can also be used for a V3, if that's the one you want.

For a V3: The AS can be used for this, and Roman still has some in stock, although that one is definitely the way it looks today, as opposed to how it did in RotJ.

For the Hero: This is where it gets tricky. I don't think there actually is an accurate RotJ Hero readily available at the moment. If you're okay with getting one similar, there's the Creepy Uncle that just came out, which I believe is sold out but I'm seeing them up for sale often enough that I think it'd still be relatively easy to nab one. Roman also has the Balance, and that one's in stock. Both of those are based on TLJ, so they aren't screen accurate to RotJ. If you're dead-set on RotJ screen accuracy, there are two that I'm aware of: Evolution Arms and KR Sabers, neither of which is in stock and KR Sabers doesn't even have it on their website. Evolution Arms doesn't sell empties, I don't think, so it would be a fully-installed saber, and it's the one Vader's Vault uses. EDIT: Should have finished my scan of the forum before posting, AS has been talking about doing a run of screen-accurate RotJ Heroes, uneven rings and all. It's hardly imminent but it's something to look out for.

I do want to note here that when I talk about "screen accurate" I'm referring only to what they're attempting to do. Both pairs of TLJ and RotJ Heroes I mentioned look different from each other, so they can't BOTH be right, and the RotJ Heroes are idealized versions, lacking the uneven rings the screen-used one had, since it was based on yet ANOTHER variant, the Yuma, which I don't think anyone has done a run of.

Last edited:
Crap, I forgot about that! So there's another option, although the run is rapidly running out of space. A week ago there were what, ten, twelve slots left?

Anakin Starkiller also made a Hero many years ago, and I think there were Yuma-style control boxes available for it for those who wanted to convert it into that.
Yeah, I just saw that; I didn't know about it while I was writing my post and didn't go back to edit that part. It was possible to use that one to make both, which is pretty cool.

There's always something new to learn about this hobby

I've contacted him few weeks ago and Nick has still few kits to sell.

Cheers

It's worth pointing out that no one has ever done a accurate FX Hero. 7 Chambers is the closest with the uneven grip rings. But they still use a real copper neck, which while absolutely beautiful, the original was simply painted a copper color. Same goes from the V3 that Romans carries, the original is painted, while that hilt kit uses real copper.

- - - Updated - - -

I've contacted him few weeks ago and Nick has still few kits to sell.

Cheers

How much do those kits go for?

It's worth pointing out that no one has ever done a accurate FX Hero. 7 Chambers is the closest with the uneven grip rings. But they still use a real copper neck, which while absolutely beautiful, the original was simply painted a copper color. Same goes from the V3 that Romans carries, the original is painted, while that hilt kit uses real copper.

- - - Updated - - -

I will send u a pm

Update: I have an Anakin Starkiller "Hero" on the way. Thanks to BobasBounty. I'll post pics when it arrives. However, this thread has me thinking that I need V2...does the madness ever end?

I wasn’t aware AS offered a hero... just V2? I’ve also got a KRxOR hero I’m willing to part with... let me know if you’re interested.

For the ROTJ Hero, it's difficult like others have said. You need to decide if you want dead on screen prop accuracy or if you want idealized accuracy. The KR and Evolution Arms heroes are the best options for idealized accuracy, as in no sloppy control box and evenly spaced grenade section ribbing with consistent width. Basically, how the saber SHOULD look in a canonical sense. While KR has a control box closer to the cavebuild prop and therefore the MR LE's, the EA's Hero has a control box that is a little thinner with more flush edges to the copper top similar to the Darth Vader ISYHCANL scene prop.

If you want dead on screen accuracy, Anakin Starkiller released a run of statics awhile ago and Phoenix Props/7 Chambers is coming out with an FX capable hilt complete with uneven ribbing and the lower half of the copper top of the control box being gray, though the control box would still look very clean. The original prop's control box was sort of huddled together and a bit sloppily made, at least for the cave build.

At the end of the day, none of the ones focused on hardcore prop accuracy are fully accurate since they incorporate real copper.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Theirs looks great, but from what I’ve seen they did the uneven rings, but not the correct angled plunge cuts. The pommel cubes are also missing the straight milled bottom.

For the ROTJ Hero, it's difficult like others have said. You need to decide if you want dead on screen prop accuracy or if you want idealized accuracy. The KR and Evolution Arms heroes are the best options for idealized accuracy, as in no sloppy control box and evenly spaced grenade section ribbing with consistent width. Basically, how the saber SHOULD look in a canonical sense. While KR has a control box closer to the cavebuild prop and therefore the MR LE's, the EA's Hero has a control box that is a little thinner with more flush edges to the copper top similar to the Darth Vader ISYHCANL scene prop.

If you want dead on screen accuracy, Anakin Starkiller released a run of statics awhile ago and Phoenix Props/7 Chambers is coming out with an FX capable hilt complete with uneven ribbing and the lower half of the copper top of the control box being gray, though the control box would still look very clean. The original prop's control box was sort of huddled together and a bit sloppily made, at least for the cave build.

At the end of the day, none of the ones focused on hardcore prop accuracy are fully accurate since they incorporate real copper.

Not to mention, that all the FX versions have the grip section anodized and not painted.

Side note, Romans Balance V4 gen1 is a nice idealized version.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back