DENGAR

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey up guys. So as the title says it's time for 'Payback' AKA Dengar. This is for the not so famous, but still infamous, Bounty hunters project obviously...

Trickiest one by far really because, of course, you're dealing with a real person with an actual human face. Namely one Maurice Bush...former British boxer and part-time actor, I believe

So I modelled him in Zbrush, 3d printed a negative master mould of his head, split it in 2 pieces and finished and primed the inner surface. Then cast the head in platinum cure silicone, added the eyes and painted him up...what d'ya think?

pKKvPWCl.jpg
gBUoAeql.jpg

Probably a bit more painting to do. Added some cloth just to get a feel

So getting a bit closer with this dude

YThbtV9m.jpg
RILGctgm.jpg
X7EJ9XIm.jpg

Made a custom size mannequin to show off his bulky frame and vacuum formed/3d printed the various different trooper armour he wears...Stormtrooper legs, Sandtrooper abs and Snowtrooper chest. The flight suit is actually a bee keepers suit which is available in XXXL sizes and is thick and padded

Sleeping is for wimps dude...So he's nearly there. Waiting for a decent hood and gloves to turn up and I've still got the backpack to do but the rifle's done as is the DL-21 sidearm. Very happy with his 'attitude'...male, mean and menacing...reminds me of my dad :(

n909lBHl.jpg
70B5q1Al.jpg

m690aGll.jpg
JXkHBQZl.jpg

I wonder if they come up with his name by swapping the vowels in 'DANGER'...

That’s absolutely awesome - well done. it’s fantastic when these minor characters are done, especially when such great results as this are produced.

Fun fact:The Dengar character was effectively created by John Mollo as (for whatever reason) no designs had been produced for the costuming team. Hence they banged a load of other costuming parts to create him. After production, Lucasfilm wrote to Mollo so he could transfer full rights to the character to them - in return for one dollar!

Cheers

Jez

That’s absolutely awesome - well done. it’s fantastic when these minor characters are done, especially when such great results as this are produced.

Fun fact:The Dengar character was effectively created by John Mollo as (for whatever reason) no designs had been produced for the costuming team. Hence they banged a load of other costuming parts to create him. After production, Lucasfilm wrote to Mollo so he could transfer full rights to the character to them - in return for one dollar!

Cheers

Jez

Thanks for the info Jez...what were they like! And cheers for the eagle eyes Iggy. I've removed the stock now

OK so the big guy is nearly there...still waiting on a coupla bits but he's close

Ended up making my own hood/bandage thing as I couldn't find an accurate one...might re-dress it a bit

1MHI5bal.jpg

Got the back pack done too

3Q16tzzl.jpg
J6k5RB5l.jpg

This could be one of those rare cases where the “replica” looks cooler than what the actual prop looked like.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back