Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Since I have a huge crush on Emma Stone and love Cary
Fukunaga's work on True Detective season one​
I will defintely be watching this.

Last edited by a moderator:
AND he’s just been signed/announced to direct Bond25. Now, whether this means he’ll get to do it in his own style like Sam Mendes, or he’s just a hired hand to direct the film that Wilson and Broccoli want, remains to be seen. Otherwise, I had no hopes or plans to see Bond25, the last one completely disappointed me.

Boy, this show just hits every note for me. It's melancholy but fun at the same time, and gorgeous to look at. I love that this future is Blade Runner-esque in aesthetic and theme, an alternate "near-future" of crushing, oppressive corporate domination but grounded in the design ethos of the 70's.

I couldn't help but compare this show's premise to another show's, Dream Corp. LLC on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network, but only more dramatic and with a larger budget.

i agree, the mini series was great to look at, the props department and set designers had a field day with this one, story and acting was very good. Spoiler free, there is one item I wouldn't mind in this universe - and no its not that one :)

Last edited:
Fantastic!!

I burned through the last few of episodes this evening. It is brilliantly unpredictable.

It may be a bit of a slow starter for some ,as it really concentrates on its building its leading two actors backstories and they are both playing wayyyyyyy against type in this , so you'll really going to have to pay attention to whats going on and whats said (and possibly seen). And thats because of the way characters perception of reality and the people in it often completely blurs.

But thats the hook. Once the narrative gets going and their inner lives are picked apart by HALs mental twin sister its as addictive as a Rubics cube puzzle. Its easily the best series I've seen this year, probably because it is only a single ten episode series and my god, it was so satisfying at the end because of that.

Production, writing and direction are first rate and there are some really memorable scenes.

There is a final sequence at the end of episode six where all the elements come together with the characters and plot setup to kick in the next crucial part of the story and its set against a countdown and music score that is an utterly mesmeric . I've watched at least a dozen times.

And I think Bond has found itself an excellent and exciting director. I enjoyed "Killing Eve" last week but "Maniac" was just exactly the kind of series that I admire and respect for its unique appeal and heartfelt soul.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back