AT-AT Driver helmet question

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm trying to finish my AT-AT Driver helmet and man! Details are so elusive on this thing! I'm stuck on the forehead. I know there are two clock parts up there but I have no idea where to get them or even start looking. Is there any RPFer who is well versed on this helmet?

I'm trying to finish my AT-AT Driver helmet and man! Details are so elusive on this thing! I'm stuck on the forehead. I know there are two clock parts up there but I have no idea where to get them or even start looking. Is there any RPFer who is well versed on this helmet?
I think I might be able to assist later tonight with hi rez photos.

Are you going grey or white?

Apparently they recycled the tie pilots from ANH, which were black and painted them white, but they turned out grey as the base colour of the black plastic came through.

Also they added the red stripe on the mohawk to make it look like a different crew for one of the shots from inside the cockpit of the AT-AT.

So you have some options.

I'll take photos later.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I know that in person they appear to be a glossy grey but they look white on screen, so I'm going white.

I know that in person they appear to be a glossy grey but they look white on screen, so I'm going white.
Well depends on the shot in the movie. The lighting varies so you end up with them looking almost white to quite dark.

Even Lego changed their mini figs to grey after it was worked out.

Having seen both in the 501st, I prefer grey. Up to you which way you go on that.

I hope this helps.
c300732538c402de3d99ef6bdaf556d6.jpg

This is not right. The Anovos/Moncal type "clock" greeblies are not too accurate.
You should contact Dan Laws, he has the most accurate forehead greeblies out there including the clock ones

Screen used helmets:

AT-AT Driver ILM.jpg AT-AT Driver black-white.jpg AT-AT Driver Helmet Prop Store Stephen Lane 01.jpg AT-AT Driver Helmet Prop Store Stephen Lane 03.jpg

Laws AT-AT Driver

Laws AT-AT Driver gray helmet 01.jpg

You should also look on the 501st Armored Cavalry forum, they might have various parts for sale separately.

Don’t know if you are in the UK or whether the guy ships outside the UK, but if you search Ebay for AT-AT prop, there is quite a nice set of resin parts which look pretty accurate.
9CD7F53A-F6DF-4772-B741-45113687B717.jpeg

The main circle of the greeblie is the rear side of a rheostat , one with quite a few terminals . The little bit sticking out is a tiny earth connector bar from an aeroplane radio or something .
Versions of both regularly turn up on eBay , but I've never seen the exact correct ones.

Holy carp! I am learning so much about this helmet! I thought I had all the information I needed but man, was I wrong. Thank you guys so much for educating me.

Agreed on the rheostat! I'll be delighted if anyone ever finds this needle in a haystack. The prong parts would be a great candidate for photo etched or laser cut parts! I made mine from styrene sheet and some resin cast gears. Not too hard to replicate the look at least! I have a thread for my build a few years back if you're interested. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=225816

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back