Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation Ethan Hunt Costume Thread

The Searcher

Sr Member
Hey everybody, just thought I’d start a thread on the Rogue Nation costumes so I can find some answers and share with the world. Here’s some info that’s already out there:
One of the jackets Ethan wears in the film is from John Varvatos, and it looks like this:
3D80C275-5BF6-4A58-B42E-6C091FA84502.jpeg
It’s the wrinkled leather jacket from the brand, and while many think it looks like a hefty garbage bag, I kinda dig the look. It reminds me of his leather blazer from the original film. The only other positive ID we have is for the sunglasses. They are both from LGR and look pretty dang cool:
38F48DB6-A9B2-45CF-8F66-A30DCE1EA263.jpeg6DFF2241-3AF2-4700-9F01-4ED2DC2AE655.jpeg
Both are available here: Tangeri - LGR
and here: Comoros-mission Impossible Rogue Nation - LGR
I’ll make sure to post if I find anything new, and if anyone has any ideas, feel free to chime in!

Last edited:
While I may not have concrete info to post right now, I was able to procure some good screenshots for the Morocco ensemble:
B10A1CE8-6F7A-4C28-BB7C-A718D4F926B6.jpeg70B00DFE-7976-45E5-A64A-5B3BDAA534E0.jpeg63A3FC33-F85F-4751-9B67-AA981CB8B1F1.jpeg8817085B-C714-4258-9FF3-66BED045DE7B.jpeg
0AEBD297-3AE2-4F67-93B4-473C75629837.jpeg
Does anyone know of the “USA” jean brand? We also know that the boots are seven eyelet, which is unusual. Finally, I have yet to find the original US Highway 61 shirt and last but not least, the red shirt was custom made based on a fabric found in east London.
Also, this was my 200th post.

Last edited:
Yep, that looks to be them! Unfortunately, newer John Varvatos USA jeans have a different tag, so I’d have to find the exact jeans to achieve accuracy. However, I did find a pair on eBay that has the tag, but they are from a few years ago. I’ll post when I track down the season.

I noticed something interesting about the boots:
EEA5C0F1-A5D9-47DC-BE7B-5CA2B64E3131.jpeg
Th sole doesn’t look right to me. It’s almost like the production added an extra sole. Anyways, do those tread marks look familiar?

Alrighty guys, I have decided to put this thread into hibernation. A week straight of searching has yielded no results, and I am considering contacting the costume designer. No response from John Varvatos either. While I’m off to start a new thread, I’ll post if I find anything. As always feel free to post.

John Varvatos finally got back to me, but all that was confirmed was the fit: Bowery. Guess I’ll keep searching for the wash and material.

Thanks to a discovery by nick daring, I have found that Jitterbug Boy has made custom footwear for the last two MI films. After checking some archives, I found that they also made the red shoes Ethan wears while hanging off the side of the Airbus A400M:
5E7E9CF0-9560-4C7E-B88E-3A8F97064B74.jpeg

So no news on screen used items yet, but I did head stop by John Varvatos, and I found out my size in their “Bowery” fit jeans. In other words, I can finally feel comfortable looking for the accurate pair.

While I may not have concrete info to post right now, I was able to procure some good screenshots for the Morocco ensemble:
View attachment 843962View attachment 843961View attachment 843960View attachment 843963
View attachment 843964
Does anyone know of the “USA” jean brand? We also know that the boots are seven eyelet, which is unusual. Finally, I have yet to find the original US Highway 61 shirt and last but not least, the red shirt was custom made based on a fabric found in east London.
Also, this was my 200th post.
Hi just found this thread. Just curious to know if we knew where the fabric was found in East London? Many thanks - Pete

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back