What did you think of Stan & Ollie?

• It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters
I have to say I was worried it was gonna be like those horrible remake movies they did before, with Bronson Pinchot or the little rascal remake. I'm very happy they went the respectful route they did. Exciting news and great trailer

Looks really good. When I saw John C. Reilly I though oh no. Hard to tell completely from the trailer, who knew he had that much depth as an actor.
Amazing.

I thought the same thing. I mostly associate him in comedic roles.

Love Laurel and Hardy and Reilly looks spot on to Hardy. The only thing that worries me is that this may come off as really sappy. I was wondering what kinda tone this would take when I first saw photos of the production and this trailer has got me a bit concerned. Their relationship, like many acts at the time, got really sad towards the end of their lives.

Reilly's fat suit actually looks really good. Usually I find the fat facial prosthetics don't quite hit the mark, but this seems quite convincing. I think it would be very easy to forget Reilly is not really that fat while watching the movie.

Love Laurel and Hardy and Reilly looks spot on to Hardy. The only thing that worries me is that this may come off as really sappy. I was wondering what kinda tone this would take when I first saw photos of the production and this trailer has got me a bit concerned. Their relationship, like many acts at the time, got really sad towards the end of their lives.

Based on the trailer, I think it's going to be more focused on the 'behind the act' relationship, and their later years as a duo.
Reilly looks amazing, Coogan, not as much. He's not the caliber of actor that let's me forget that he's just a guy portraying someone else. Very few are.

It looks good, like a mix of their classic comedy acts but more focused on their personal lives.

Looks really good. When I saw John C. Reilly I though oh no. Hard to tell completely from the trailer, who knew he had that much depth as an actor.
Amazing.

It's really not that surprising when you think about it, there's been a lot of actors who started out in comedic roles and are now garnering lots of praise in dramatic roles. To name just a few there's Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, Will Smith, Steve Carell, Sandra Bullock, Emma Thompson, Eddie Murphy, Michael Keaton, and the list goes on. I suspect that this might Reiley's transitional role, one that's serious but with comedic elements that will allow him to take more dramatic roles in the future and possibly become a full time dramatic actor like many other comedians before him.

Reilly is on par with Oldman in his versatility.

Both amazing Actors who can do anything

Is this a joke?
Wait... are you making fun of me? :lol

I like Reilly. He was the standout in Boogie Nights for me (besides Roller Girl, of course :cool), and I've been a fan ever since.
He's one of my favorite actors.

No joke, I think he is one of the most underrated Actors out there as evidenced by the reply’s here thinking all he does is comedy :unsure

You know what would REALLY be cool if he and Gary got together and hit the road musically!

Peoples heads would explode. :lol

Is this a joke?
Wait... are you making fun of me? :lol

I like Reilly. He was the standout in Boogie Nights for me (besides Roller Girl, of course :cool), and I've been a fan ever since.
He's one of my favorite actors.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back