Anyone know a DIY way to get this type of hexagon print onto a suit?

10xxx

I was checking out theRPC and saw that they offer a hexagon screenprint. Does anyone know if there is something like an iron-on that can give similar results? RPCrpcpainthexagon-806x1000.jpg

my first thought is airbrushing over a template seems like the best way to do it, unfortunately, it'd need to be a weird template, you'd end up with little missing bits along some of the lines to hold all the hexagons in place. if that didn't break your heart though, I'd recommend making the pattern in a PC, then 3D printing the template , you could then lay it out over the costume or material and spray. I recommend 3D printing and modeling because by the time you could draw and cut that pattern by hand, you'd almost be better off hand painting/drawing the pattern on.

are you trying to do the effect on an already made suit, or on cloth before you cut out a pattern?

Someone named SpiderSparrow on here did it for a budget TASM1 Suit. They used a hexagon patterned Potholder from walmart and spray painted it, using it as a stamp. Look for his thread on here for more info! it came out really well!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back