Incredible Hulk Build- Halloween 2018 (WIP)

Nismo

This Halloween my daughter has decided She will be Black Widow - My wife "Girl Captain America" and Daddy gets to be "The Hulk"

So to start this build I looked up a few muscle suits - put them into CAD and scaled them to hulk size - current estimate of finished costume is around 9ft,

I wanted to build him kinda like a big action figure with arms I could puppet from inside the costume.

So started with the Torso - using 5mm eva foam and an undercut technique.

4WASABtl.jpg

wmAZS49l.jpg

dlAVjQSl.jpg

FeKjZsHl.jpg

7Xeoo4Wl.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Next moved onto the arms - making 1" PCV structure - with carved Upholstery foam

XXYFRpTl.jpg

Ej7UJiPl.jpg

GFyydNZl.jpg

Last edited:
Cooling Fan installed
8osgiDjl.jpg

Spraying the torso with latex
NHxm50Wl.jpg

Watching paint dry
ikndNS0l.jpg

Legs Foamed + first coats of latex
NTeXQDtl.jpg

Sculpt Progress
VM2Xv8nl.jpg

lday7n2l.jpg

Got a multi-cam Dash cam set up in the mail that I will be using so I can see where I am going- powered by a power bank - tested it Saturday and it ran for 4 1/2 hours which should cover me as I never plan to be in hulk for more than 1 to 2 hours at a time.

Also have a second cooling fan that will push air across the monitor and power bank to help prevent overheating.

Stilts complete (except final paint)
gsThoaxl.jpg

6p6Pf4Yl.jpg

Internal Hands
EJVEus8l.jpg

I had planned to make working fingers but have run out of time...but they are still spring action and it is set up where I could add a servo at a later time maybe for a con or something.

sqCcB8Ll.jpg

Test fit so the wife could measure me for pants- the blue tape is roughly where the waist band will be.

Plans are to cast the sculpt and make the custom latex mask this weekend- (First time ever doing this) I did a small mold earlier this week just to practice and set
my expectations for how to work with the material- set up times etc...still a little out of my comfort zone but exciting at the same time and hopefully a skill I will
be able to apply for future costumes.- so Wish me luck!

Holy crap I just saw this, totally subscribed. Your work looks amazing! I cant wait for more updates! Good luck on the mask!

Got my video set up
n53xz1ll.jpg

Also pulled the latex mask - didn't come out perfect but I will take it for a first try- was a fun learning experience and I look forward to making more latex pieces in the future.

jQG3J4Tl.jpg

ANqkplIl.jpg

Mock up
IszhuvMl.jpg

So for the hands I actually have some hulk themed large boxing gloves coming in the mail - I was hoping to finish these but I will be pressed for time and will swap in the gloves
for Halloween.

Also air brushed the torso with yellow highlights- I was thinking of doing some black shading but I am almost thinking less is more and if i do add shading maybe just a few spots in a darker green but nothing over the top.

u17mW0bl.jpg

-

to be continued!

More Progress

mN2PfhIl.jpg

Some more detail once I got a good look at him from another angle

AEd6XDql.jpg

the glove option was a fail - they arrived way smaller than expected so I will just live with the hands I made as Budget/Time are running short and the kiddo has had great reactions
to Hulk so I won't beat myself up too much about it cause after all she is my number 1 customer!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back