Suggestions for adding sole to zentai suit

ShackMan

Sr Member
I have a Man of Steel suit from a few years ago, with boots that are part of the one piece suit. Haven’t had much luck finding nice boots to wear over it. So alternatively, can anyone recommend a good sole to glue to the bottom of the suit’s “boots”. Figure it’s the same method most use on Spidey suits. TIA

ShackMan
ATM

Just an idea, but flip flops are basically just ready-made soles, and you can find them in lots of different colors. Pop the thongs off, glue them on, and trim/shape to size. That would be a super cheap way of approaching it. If you want a more "official" way of doing it, I defer to those with more expertise.

On most spidey suits, i believe people use swimming shoes since they are designed to be more snug with the foot... the type of glue you can use will depend on whats avaliable. I use 3000 industrial strength glue and it hasnt failed me yet!

On most spidey suits, i believe people use swimming shoes since they are designed to be more snug with the foot... the type of glue you can use will depend on whats avaliable. I use 3000 industrial strength glue and it hasnt failed me yet!

yup, I've got a buddy that has done this a few times. find swim shoes that fit you, cut or pull the shoe part off the rubber sole, and attach it to the outside of the feet of your suit using glue. you can also put some elastic strapping inside the the suit at the feet to keep the sole from flopping around at all.

Did this with my MOS suit, bought swim shoes on amazon (maybe get a size smaller than you would normally wear, YMMV) cut off the fabric upper with a utility knife, and glued to the feet using a product called shoe goo. E6000 would likely work as well. Planning to do the same on a Classic Mr. Incredible suit.

Did this with my MOS suit, bought swim shoes on amazon (maybe get a size smaller than you would normally wear, YMMV) cut off the fabric upper with a utility knife, and glued to the feet using a product called shoe goo. E6000 would likely work as well. Planning to do the same on a Classic Mr. Incredible suit.

Funny you mention MoS suit, because that’s actually what I’m working on. [emoji1303] I just mentioned Spidey because there are s lot more of them out there, so figured there’d be a lot of experience with it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

ATM
ShackMan

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back