Putting together a solo:asws - ANH solo

kenobibale

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello,
so for halloween this year i am thinking of putting together a solo:asws - anh hybrid costume. Kind of like the one in the last scene of solo. I have the vest and belt coming from todds. and planning on getting the shirt from magnoli. I am wondering what to do about the blaster? I have the AW airsoft version but i can't really take that out on halloween. So I am thinking of either the toy one or a 3d print. I see some good 3d prints on etsy but i dont have much experience with 3d prints. Are they sturdy? really don't want the blaster to break if someone bumps into me or something like that at the club.

I am planning on using an airsoft co2 cartridge for the gas cylinder and maybe finding something to stand in for the droid caller, and maybe the power cells. Cant really spend any more money on the belt props so i have to make it work with stuff i have. The main focus is the blaster. so i want to get something that looks the part but also isn't something i need to be gentle with for fear of breaking.

Depending on how accurate you want the blaster you can get one of the 3D prints (they’re reasonably sturdy) or this one https://www.spirithalloween.com/pro...uqTyCwtzmv1U6TiTwDmE9iNcD3dPcLPBoCV54QAvD_BwE

and just paint it black with a little bit of orange for the tip

I used this one for the Solo premier in a pinch. Once you paint it, it looks cool.
d3b203e5735ca6822afe81592cbed084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located? I don't see what the issue would be with carrying the airsoft version as long as it's not loaded with BBs.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Where are you located? I don't see what the issue would be with carrying the airsoft version as long as it's not loaded with BBs.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
im in the UK. they take that stuff serious. I would love to carry my airsoft one, but i dont think bouncers at the bars/clubs on halloween night would like it. I have had my bullwhip confiscated before as indy. plus last thing i need is some yahoo trying to lift it out of my holster.

resin all the way - either doopydoos or that gray corellian exports one - resin is meant to be dense and sturdy. implant some screws to help your greeblies' glue stay put, paint and weather!

My only concern with these resin props is that they look as real as anything once painted up. You might still find urself in some hot water. Especially the resin doopydoos or the corellian exports since the are based off real guns.

thats true but hopefully if i get stopped at the door i can show them its only solid plastic and isn't a danger. and i'd rather the resin one confiscated than the airsoft.so much hassle importing it to begin with.

I found that a plastic wine cork fits right nicely in the barrel suppressor as a snug fit without leaving any marks. It just took a few bottles to find a red one. It works out nicely to just pop in when the venue requires it and pops out again.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back