Looking for a Studio Scale or slightly lower scale SNOWSPEEDER KIT

Pepperbone

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So far I contacted NICE-N MODEL DESIGNS (a few months ago) but I never got a reply. Based on what I read, they're usually busy.
I contacted NEXUS-MODELS (just a few days ago) and waiting for a reply. But, also based on what I read: he's pretty busy too.
IMO, this is the best one I've seen so far.
A while ago I saw EPIC-MODELS' 1/6th Speeder but it looks like that project was abandoned.

Would anyone out there know of other places to look for a good kit?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nice-n and Nexus are your two best bets. I don't know about Nexus but Steve at Nice-N can be tricky to get a hold of. I payed for the SS snowspeeder back in early July and I spoke to Steve a week ago and I should be getting it shortly. The delay seems to be due to hot weather unsuitable for poring up the molds.Steve seems to travel quite a bit. That has been my experience in trying to contact him. Best way is by phone or text you just have to keep trying.

I'll connect with Steve when I have a bit of free time and see where it goes.

Thanks scotthothpatrol

Nice-n and Nexus are your two best bets. I don't know about Nexus but Steve at Nice-N can be tricky to get a hold of. I payed for the SS snowspeeder back in early July and I spoke to Steve a week ago and I should be getting it shortly. The delay seems to be due to hot weather unsuitable for poring up the molds.Steve seems to travel quite a bit. That has been my experience in trying to contact him. Best way is by phone or text you just have to keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cast the speeder kit for Steve, sometimes he lets me take a direct order for ease of transaction, but all the SS speeder kits are his.

Yes our summer here was super hot and super humid. I am just now getting back to casting on Steves stuff.

mike

Hi Mike good to here from you directly. on the Speeder kits, especially because I have one coming that I paid for in July. Do you have an ETA on that? I have really been looking forward to getting the kit. Thanks Scott

I cast the speeder kit for Steve, sometimes he lets me take a direct order for ease of transaction, but all the SS speeder kits are his.

Yes our summer here was super hot and super humid. I am just now getting back to casting on Steves stuff.

mike

Okay Mike, thanks!
I'll connect with you in a few weeks when I get back in town. :thumbsup

I'll shoot for like 2 weeks, today has been the first day I was able to really cast since like July.

Hi Mike good to here from you directly. on the Speeder kits, especially because I have one coming that I paid for in July. Do you have an ETA on that? I have really been looking forward to getting the kit. Thanks Scott

Ok guys, since I need to cast a couple for Steve as it is he asked me to go ahead and let anyone here who wants one direct PM me here and I will take a few for a very short run. Molds are up and running.
mike

Ok guys, since I need to cast a couple for Steve as it is he asked me to go ahead and let anyone here who wants one direct PM me here and I will take a few for a very short run. Molds are up and running.
mike

Will PM you shortly.

For those interested, I received my kit from Mike.
It's slightly rougher than expected, but I'm new to resin kits, so maybe this is standard.
The model is a nice, big size, so it should be fun to clean-up and build.
I'll likely model and print (or have printed) certain aspects of it for definition and extra details, and I plan on documenting every step of the build so I can share in a new thread. Not sure when I'll start - or how I'll be able to make time for it - but it'll come.

For those interested, I received my kit from Mike.
It's slightly rougher than expected, but I'm new to resin kits, so maybe this is standard.
The model is a nice, big size, so it should be fun to clean-up and build.
I'll likely model and print (or have printed) certain aspects of it for definition and extra details, and I plan on documenting every step of the build so I can share in a new thread. Not sure when I'll start - or how I'll be able to make time for it - but it'll come.

I think what you are seeing is normal for resin. It ain’t like a styrene kit!

Mike Salzo does excellent casting work. You’d be hard pressed to find better.

Mine is aces whats rough?
Rough for me, an inexperienced resin modeler.
Some chunky casting artifacts, and the bottom portion of the hull is warped slightly in the front. None of which I can't handle.

In general, I'm extremely pleased. Thanks (again) Mike!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back