Amt uss reliant

This is how the Reliant would have looked like if it was painted the same way as the Enterprise in STMP .. before ILM destroyed the paint job for TWOK. Awesome work

I am in awe of this. As someone making my own seat-of-the-pants masks for a Battlestar Galactica Colonial One build, I can't even imagine doing it for something this large and complex. Everything about this model is perfect. I agree with what someone else said that the lighting is spot-on; not too bright for the scale.

Wow. Just seeing this build and my mind is literally blown. I can't say what stuns me more: the phenomenal modifications to the kit, the gorgeous paint work, or how in the final shots in "normal" light, the pearlescent colors just vanish and the base color shines through as what I'd pretty much expect the studio model looked like.

Awesome job.

This is exactly what I aspire to achieve when I set out to build a Trek ship and I never ever ever come even remotely close to this level of success. Brilliant piece. Just brilliant.

Hello friends Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I'm very happy that you appreciate the care I put in controlling the intensity of the lighting so that it would be consistent with the scale. That was one of my biggest concerns. When I started the model I was not sure of the final result. I was worried that the sum of the iridescent colors and the lights would result in a Christmas tree. Fortunately, the iridescent colors behave discreetly and its result has convinced me completely.

Greetings.
Rafa

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back