Jurassic park Dinosaur projects from all of 2018...CG and Model Paint Work PIC HEAVY

yankeetrex

Hey Everyone, since 2018 was the Release of Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom I was determined to up the amount of projects I did for the year, culminating in a 1 off 9th Scale 3d printed T-rex. Here Are the Pictures of that and the rest of my current and past projects...

T-rex CG Model....Unfortunately I only have a Monoprice 3d Printer that doesn't do the best resolution printing, so the final product took a dip in quality compared to the CG.

KizAUlol.jpg

edQBEkil.jpg

m5zx6Osl.jpg

3D Print Parts....
naTerQol.jpg

5qnrksVl.jpg

Put Together....

0nLbaxul.jpg

Paint.....I normally would put a much more layered look to a model paint wise, but since details were scarce on this, this is the best I could do. Washes dont catch on anything properly. They would have helped a ton.

tzfkUyFl.jpg

MpbJRvjl.jpg

XUkSYbtl.jpg

nFNYbjsl.jpg

tmrCyP2l.jpg

m1nISz6l.jpg

vOSsROFl.jpg

PsElikpl.jpg

QNW0Kzrl.jpg

1/6th Scale Rex bust prototype for Dinosaur Themed Restaurant in Mexico.....
The 1/9th Rex was pretty popular on Instagram, so I was contacted by someone who was opening a dinosaur themed restaurant in Mexico. They Printed a 6th scale head from the file that I provided as a proof of concept. It has been approved, and will now be printed 1/1 scale to be hung on a staircase inside the restaurant. I'm very excited to see this in Full scale.

3d File....
P7XAuiUl.jpg

7dxA3Nel.jpg

3d Print....
a0VeGMxl.jpg

VlbwQvYl.jpg

JW Ankylosaurus CG Model

XhYuIQxl.jpg

k2XaGbFl.jpg

DXyXxRFl.jpg

3D Print....Hasn't Really Progressed further then this.

0H0dEEul.jpg

Jurassic Park Gallimimus CG Model....
I want to resin print this at either 5th or 6th scale to fit in line with the SWS Maquettes I own.
Jd1ZZAGl.jpg

bPsQDBol.jpg

JW Baby Triceratops 3d Print...

xTky8Gwl.jpg

Last but not least 2 Custom Paints on a Cinemacast Velociraptor and Bootleg Horizon Brachiosaurus.....

The Cinemacast was in about 12 pieces when I received it. Its the second one I have purchased that broke even more then It was when I bid on it, but nothing gap filler and paint cant fix. It also did not come with the base so I had to make my own.

vDgQ298l.jpg

P717U0Ol.jpg

iPpE7TKl.jpg

C36hwbOl.jpg

sjwiR5Yl.jpg

Bae0dool.jpg

This started as a Jurassic Park Brachiosaurus, but I already owned a real Horizon that I painted like that so I went with the FK paint which is just darker and has a blue green streak on the head and neck.

FrIckVUl.jpg

M1nSaiel.jpg

PbG84JBl.jpg

8Nfh8nLl.jpg

Re: Jurassic park Dinosaur projects from all of 2018...CG and Model Paint Work PIC HE

Wow, man, really great work. The musculature in the legs of that brach is stunning detail.

I see a stego on the shelf, is that done the same way?

I loved dinosaurs growing up, stegosaurus and dimetrodon were my favorite herbivores, with triceratops in third...

T-Rex, Allosaur, and Dinonychus were my favorite carnivores. Too bad everyone thinks of Dinonychus as a velociraptor these days.

Re: Jurassic park Dinosaur projects from all of 2018...CG and Model Paint Work PIC HE

Amazing work, even considering the 3D printer. That Brachiosaurus model makes me want to go dig up the one I had as a kid.

These are gorgeous - got some really nice detail! It's kinda implied, but you did the modeling yourself? Or did you buy the files?

These are gorgeous - got some really nice detail! It's kinda implied, but you did the modeling yourself? Or did you buy the files?
Thank you so much, I have at least 4 cg projects still in the pipeline as well as trying to to start up custom painting to make some extra cash, to answer you question, yes, I did the modeling myself

Fantastic work, and the paint job on the trex is awesome even if you say you could have donw more with morw detailing on the model.

I have mad respect for anyone with CG modeling skills. I've tried many times and can't do anything that involves more than geometric shapes :)

This is coming from being a huge fan of JP. And a motion graphics artist.... these are some amazing collections of polygons you have created! ;) :thumbsup

The T-rex CG Model you made looks incredible! How long and high does it measure?

Those are so cool, do you sell the models for printing or sell the prints themselves? id like to take a crack at painting one of those models.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back