Subscribe
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2018, 3:10 AM - What colour is TDK Jokerís Bank Heist suit? #1

Hey everyone,

Iím working on putting together the Jokerís bank heist costume from The Dark Knight and I was having a little trouble identifying the colour of the suit that he wears.

In this screenshot from the movie, the suit looks dark grey, almost purple:

A different points during the same scene, the jacket almost definitely looks purple, with no hint of any grey:

However, on the Hot Toys figure the suit is a much lighter grey:

Most cosplays that I see use a light grey suit, so were these simply based on the Hit Toys figure rather than the original costume or am I just missing something?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. RPF Premium Member JayCVenlo's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Sep 14, 2018, 3:47 AM - Re: What colour is TDK Jokerís Bank Heist suit? #2

it definitly has a purple touch to it.
    1 Week Ago  Sep 14, 2018, 4:58 AM - Re: What colour is TDK Jokerís Bank Heist suit? #3

JayCVenlo said: View Post
    it definitly has a purple touch to it.
    My thought exactly, and most screenshots from the scene confirm the purple hint.

However, when the costume was on display in Rome shortly after the filmís release (photos halfway down this page: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=48513&page=2) the suit is undoubtedly grey. I think it must be a case of the material looking a different colour under different lighting.
  4. RPF Premium Member JayCVenlo's Avatar
    1 Day Ago  Sep 20, 2018, 7:56 AM - Re: What colour is TDK Jokerís Bank Heist suit? #4

or maybe enhanced/adjusted in post production, cgi wise,

The14thDr said: View Post
    My thought exactly, and most screenshots from the scene confirm the purple hint.

However, when the costume was on display in Rome shortly after the film’s release (photos halfway down this page: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=48513&page=2) the suit is undoubtedly grey. I think it must be a case of the material looking a different colour under different lighting.