Coen Brothers' The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Post-release)

What did you think of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs?

• It was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm in. I just hope I remember to watch it in November. :unsure
Go to Netflix and type the title into the search bar - it'll show up and you can add it to your list. Then when it becomes available it will automatically be in your watch list and you won't have to remember :thumbsup

Go to Netflix and type the title into the search bar - it'll show up and you can add it to your list. Then when it becomes available it will automatically be in your watch list and you won't have to remember :thumbsup
I didn't know you could do that with shows/movies that haven't been made available yet. Thanks for the tip!!! (y)thumbsup

Absolutely loved this but I am biased; I love a good western and this was it. And funny enough, a western anthology which is something few and far in-between. The only quibble I have is that there's some spotty CG in this and it's very noticeable, but other than that, this is as beautiful looking as any of the previous Coen Bros. works.

Meal Ticket, the wagon train one, and Panshot were my favorite stories in this, as not only the stories are great but the cinematography is really stand-out in these vignettes. It's such a shame this isn't widespread in cinemas.

Watching it now.

Well, that was a thing. Parts of it were really great, other parts I found so so. Yet others were, not quite boring, but certainly borderline.

I laughed, I cringed, and as the credits rolled, I wasn't certain what I had just seen.

I also had no idea what it was going into it. Got home from work and my wife had it queued up on Netflix.

Last edited:
Not what I was expecting (but that's not a bad thing). But I enjoyed it. I just love the dialogue the Coens write. I loved Buster Scruggs (I think I could watch an entire movie with that character), but the way that old trapper was going on & on at the end... HAA!!! Just brilliant (y)

Honestly about half way through and I'm done. Just one story after another that leads to unsatisfying endings. Not going to bother finishing it. Lame.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back