The Predator (Post-release)

What did you think of The Predator?

• Total voters
Enjoyed it ... a little different than others but started a new direction... will say that all of the other Predator movies are better, but different tske

Last edited:
There is quite a few things that were wrong with it, but I thought it was a half decent sequel to Predator-2

Nothing will EVER beat the first.

IMO there are only, Predator, Predator-2, and The Predator.

The rest do not even exist

There is quite a few things that were wrong with it, but I thought it was a half decent sequel to Predator-2

Nothing will EVER beat the first.

IMO there are only, Predator, Predator-2, and The Predator.

The rest do not even exist

You didn't like PredatorS? I thought it was the 2nd best of the whole lot (nothing will top the original, of course).

personally, i was quite disappointed.

I rather liked the "fugitive" predator... but that's not surprising, as it looked basically like the preds we've seen previously, and it's actions--while in some places a good bit more violent--were very cool, and very much in keeping with what's been established in the other films.

The "Pred Dogs" were dumb, IMO. Why did they have dreds? Seriously? Did they think they needed to have dreds for us to get that they were with the preds? UGGHH

The Assassin Predator wasn't quite as bad as I had feared. He mostly looked OK...though the closeup CGI on him looked really bad. The chief problem I had with him was that they felt the need to push everything to eleven and try to outdo any previously seen predator. At one point Olivia Munn (the SCIENTIST, remember...) says "He was able to grow an Exo-Skeleton under his skin!" I'm no scientist, but even *I* know that makes it an ENDO Skeleton, Ms. Munn.

I just don't see why all of the "upgrades" were necessary. The Preds are already the baddest thing out there, generally. They hunt for sport, and when they find an opponent which can best them on even terms, their respect is won. This is what we know... this is what has been shown all along. Not so, here. in this movie, we are given a silly story in which "global warming" is wrecking our planet, and so the preds have to hurry and collect the best of our DNA before we all kill ourselves (leftist political nonsense) so that they can upgrade themselves genetically. I don't know why they need to upgrade themselves... or why they think our DNA is the best thing to do that with?

The very ending--with the "Pred Killer Suit" A.K.A. "Predator/War Machine" was over-the-top awful!!! I could sorta kinda hang with the rest of it... but that was the final nail in the coffin.

I was so hopeful that having Shane Black involved was going to keep most of the film within the realm of what made the first one so good. But despite his frequent re use of P1 music and even some callbacks to it, overall this just doesn't cut it, IMO.

I actually think i enjoyed AVP:R better, as crazy as that sounds. The Wolf, at least, was a far better adversary than the "Assassin Pred".

I hope you guys liked it. :/

I was lmao at that!

I went in with really very low expectations and for me I think Shane was having a little fun and was spoofing the franchise in a lot of ways

The very ending--with the "Pred Killer Suit" A.K.A. "Predator/War Machine" was over-the-top awful!!! I could sorta kinda hang with the rest of it... but that was the final nail in the coffin.

:/

personally, i was quite disappointed.

I rather liked the "fugitive" predator... but that's not surprising, as it looked basically like the preds we've seen previously, and it's actions--while in some places a good bit more violent--were very cool, and very much in keeping with what's been established in the other films.

The "Pred Dogs" were dumb, IMO. Why did they have dreds? Seriously? Did they think they needed to have dreds for us to get that they were with the preds? UGGHH

The Assassin Predator wasn't quite as bad as I had feared. He mostly looked OK...though the closeup CGI on him looked really bad. The chief problem I had with him was that they felt the need to push everything to eleven and try to outdo any previously seen predator. At one point Olivia Munn (the SCIENTIST, remember...) says "He was able to grow an Exo-Skeleton under his skin!" I'm no scientist, but even *I* know that makes it an ENDO Skeleton, Ms. Munn.

I just don't see why all of the "upgrades" were necessary. The Preds are already the baddest thing out there, generally. They hunt for sport, and when they find an opponent which can best them on even terms, their respect is won. This is what we know... this is what has been shown all along. Not so, here. in this movie, we are given a silly story in which "global warming" is wrecking our planet, and so the preds have to hurry and collect the best of our DNA before we all kill ourselves (leftist political nonsense) so that they can upgrade themselves genetically. I don't know why they need to upgrade themselves... or why they think our DNA is the best thing to do that with?

I was so hopeful that having Shane Black involved was going to keep most of the film within the realm of what made the first one so good. But despite his frequent re use of P1 music and even some callbacks to it, overall this just doesn't cut it, IMO.

I actually think i enjoyed AVP:R better, as crazy as that sounds. The Wolf, at least, was a far better adversary than the "Assassin Pred".

I hope you guys liked it. :/

Thank you kindly for your well thought out and written review. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I was hoping to read a wiki overview on this movie but this was so much better. I thoroughly enjoyed the first predator movie and thought the second was good as well. I was hoping as you said that having Shane Black involved would bring it back to the original realm. From reading your review you hit all the points I would have cared about and I didn't even see them movie :)

I Sincerely Thank You for the review and saving me from the disappointment it sounds it is. JB

sigh...... it started off well I was ready to give it the benefit of the doubt.....then it's just got kind of nuts....then incoherent.... then just WAY too busy like they couldn't figure out how to end the film or what it was trying to be.

so yeah I was disappointed the franchise strip mining continues :( Just tell a coherent story please :cry

Just got back from The Predator.I'd be hard pressed to call it a good movie. It really is just an ok movie.

It feels overwritten and lacks the concise concept and premise of theoriginal Predator or even Predator 2 or Predators.​

The Shane Black humor and the chemistry and banter between the criminalcharacters saves the movie quite a bit.​

There is that one scene during trick or treat that steals the entireshow.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting the worst based on you guys. I actually enjoyed it. Yes there are some roll your eyes wtf moments but I liked it more than PredatorS. I was happy to see Jake B. In there too.

Points that annoyed me:

Domesticated Pred-dog. Why, JUST WHY :facepalm

Jake Busey was wasted, I thought they would have gone for a revenge arc.

Apparently if you whip your under-crackers off a predator will not kill you, noted for future reference :cool

The Pred-killer suit looked awesome, but why would a Predator fashion such a device, or am I missing something :confused

But in all honestly it's not a terrible movie and I did enjoy it for the most part and I hope it get's it's sequel.

Kids in movies have to be done well, and in this instance it was NOT. I really wish he didnt try and tackle autism as being "the next stage in human evolution", thought that was so ridiculous. The whole baseline of the story that they were collecting our DNA, and the rogue predator trying to "help us" despite the fact he was wasting dudes left and right from his escape from the lab. Olivia Munns character was insufferable, the end was atrocious, the random pitbull left us scratching our heads. Like Shane Black was like "Hey kids, people with autism, and pitbulls are cool!" :sickI dont get why its so hard to make a predator movie with a cool story.

Some things I DID like were the call backs to the movies, the practical gore(the CG gore looked like ass) the subtitles of the predators communicating, and the practical suit of the traitor predator. So many things that were annoying though. Mostly with Olivia munns scientist, knowing she had plot armor, her finding the cloaking ball, then running to the ship, then attacking the mega predator all in the span of a couple mins? Her knowing how to shoot every gun in the movie!? Her being a mouthbreather? Drove me nuts.

It was a crappy movie, but I enjoyed it for the entertainment factor. The first half was great, though!

My problems:
1) Waaaay too much swearing and vulgarity.
2) The fire alarm had a huge effect on the boy, but gunfire did nothing?
3) The CGI...so bad.
4) If the first predator wanted to help the humans, why did he kill two dozen of them?

Otherwise, I was entertained. :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back