Thor's Stormbreaker Axe Build

thepoynt

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys!

I'm relatively new to the forums here, and love seeing everything people are creating and collaborating on! I thought I'd start sharing some of the projects I've done over the past year or so. Here's a photo of my finished Stormbreaker axe from Avengers: Infinity War, which I finished a couple months ago:

44552151372_1393bcd063_k.jpg

2aSVqqU

2aSVqqU

The axe head is made of wood (a mix of poplar and pine) and the handle is a PVC pipe, bent and covered in EVA foam. The scale isn't clear in the photo, but it's quite large; the head is about 16" long and the overall length is probably 3.5 feet or so.
It was a super fun build, and hopefully someone else will be inspired to try their own. I recommend it! I also have a bunch of photos of the build process I can upload if anyone's curious, just let me know.

I should add that I made this before the blu-ray release, so I was working off very limited reference material. I'm sure it's not perfectly screen accurate, but it's close enough for me.

Thanks for being such a great community. Cheers!

(Permalink to album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmpPrRf8)

Attachments

• 20180708_094620.jpg
    20180708_094620.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,079
  • 44552151442_c47d8d6052_k.jpg
    44552151442_c47d8d6052_k.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Thanks! I'll try to pull together the photos and get them posted soon. Not tutorial-level stuff by any means, but I did get pics of most of the major steps.

I spy a familiar-looking axe in your avatar pic :)

Here you are! Pics of the build process: https://flic.kr/p/2aZXVUC

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out I got it pretty close to the actual prop, but due to the fuzzy screenshots I was working off of, I had no idea about the little details like the runes, or the pattern around the circular cap on the end of the hammer. I *almost* want to go back and add them, but I don't want to risk messing the whole thing up...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back