Has anyone tried StockX?

Jamie Riley

Jr Member
StockX is an interesting American website that claims to be able to let you bid on whatever shoes you want, in whatever size. It even has the red and white Nike Bruins I've been looking for for my Marty McFly costume. Has anyone actually tried using it before? It almost seems to good to be true...

I can definitely vouch for the site, as I’ve bought many pairs of sneakers from StockX. Sometimes, a good deal strikes there and I pick something up. These days, I have a lot of rare Jordans from being on the site at the right time.

How does it work? Do I just put in a bid for the shoes I want and wait for somebody to offer me a pair for that price? Should I bid low and expect to have to raise it, or bid high and hope somebody makes an offer I can actually afford?

I already set up an account and made sure to be notified if there's any updates. They're in my "watch list" or whatever the equivalent name is.

I usually try to put in a bid for the shoes that is reasonable for what they’re worth. Usually I go in the middle to higher bid in order for an offer to come up that I’m actually willing to pay for. I never bid more than I’m willing to pay for or afford for the shoes, so sometimes you have to be patient.

Thanks, I'll try that when all the dust settles and I'm actually able to afford stuff again. Right now this quest for the Headgoonie vest is all I'm concerned with.

Bit of an update, I found a pair of Blazer Zoom Lows, in grey/red and with white soles. So I'm going to try painting them with Angelus flat white.

I'm kind of at the end of my rope financially, I don't know if I can afford the kind of prices StockX is usually asking for the real ones, and that's if they ever accept my bid. Even at the retail price of $110 in US dollars, I still have to pay postage and GST.

I dunno. Marty's shoes look so scuffed in the film, that it may not even matter that much, but I'm gonna try anyway. Might even try painting around the red bit at the back, since it's completely the wrong shape....

I've tried making a bid for a pair of 13.5s, at $135... which with shipping and tax and everything is damn near 200 US dollars. Now I just gotta wait... and wait.... and wait.... and wait......

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back