I'd like to think that I chose wisely...

d_jedi1

Sr Member
After getting back from a somewhat extended stay out of the country, my wife and I had a few things to pick up today.
Among those were these scented wax things that she likes to use to "make the apartment smell better". eh, whatever.
There is a particular flea market (that foursquare actually calls "Flea Market") at the edge of the next town that sells the ones she likes so we made a trip over there today.
While there, we browsed the other items. There was plenty of junk.. old toys, newish toys, a 75th anniversary Wizard of Oz calendar.. from 2014(?).
Anyway, I went down one aisle and some of the items began to catch my eye. These were mostly older. One was marked as a second century AD chinese mirror (it's broken) $20.00.. there was a brass teapot (didn't check the price but it looked nice, if a bit small), and there were several other items mixed in of varying age and origin. Some VERY old, some no older than the 1950s.
In the back corner however, something caught my eye.. mostly round.. reddish and did I see hints of gold peeking through the red?
I reached back and picked it up.
A fired clay cup. Mostly red.. gold on the interior with hints of gold in the red. Marked ten dollars.
SOLD!
I halfway expected an old knight to walk out and tell me that I had chosen wisely.
IMG_5079.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back