R.I.P. Burt Reynolds

Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit are 2 of my earliest movie memories and they remain 2 of my favorite films of all-time. My love of automobiles started with that '77 Trans-Am and continues to this day. There was nobody cooler than Burt and he will be dearly missed. RIP, Bandit.

Always loved him and sorry to see him go, but 82 is a good run. If you weren't around in the 70s you can't appreciate how popular he was, and not just the Smokey films. My friends and I would all go together to see his films (Shamus, Gator, Fuzz, The Longest Yard, etc.). We thought he was the coolest guy in the world.

Adios, Burt. Rest easy, man.

Rest in peace, Mr. Reynolds. :*(

I had a class called History of Film that was in a classroom at the stadium at Florida State University during my first Fall there in 2005. The door to enter the classroom was on the same wall where Mr. Reynolds football picture was. Whenever I took a test, I would lightly tap his picture for good luck heading into class. It was this photo.

https://goo.gl/images/T7AeUS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the memories Burt... Rest In Peace... will always remember You!...another American Icon gone

Oh my god no..... my hero of heroes....

A man I soooo wanted to meet. And on my Birthday too. Can't deal with this right now...... God bless Burt and thank you.... THANK YOU..... FOR EVERYTHING. And when I get to where you are I just want hear 3 words from you....

LETS HALL IT!!!!!

R.I.P. one of my greatest Hero's....... god bless...

I Cry.....

He was the epitome of a cool guy and the reason I wanted a mustache when I was growing up. I loved the Bandit films but my favorite Reynolds movie is The End.

R.I.P. You will be missed. I had to laugh yesterday when AOL had an article with the headline 'Burt Reynolds star of Boogie Nights passes away. I'm sorry but that would not be the movie that I would have it listed unless I was pandering to the youth who have no idea who Burt was to those of us that grew up with him in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

True but Boogie Nights brought him back from the dead and got him working again

R.I.P. You will be missed. I had to laugh yesterday when AOL had an article with the headline 'Burt Reynolds star of Boogie Nights passes away. I'm sorry but that would not be the movie that I would have it listed unless I was pandering to the youth who have no idea who Burt was to those of us that grew up with him in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back