Realistic Dinosaur Costume (Help me choose a color)

what stripes color do you like?

• Total voters

sparrowfan

thinking between blue stripes vs grey stripes.

click to see full size.
bluevsgrey.png

what do you guys think?
which is better? or any other paint schemes? black stripes? no stripes on the legs?

Thanks.

Last edited:
i was going to say , feathers? but instead of choosing blue or grey, you could make it a grey base with blue strips or patterns. think abe sapian from hellboy. or predator. look up up colorful lizards for reference. that is what the Hollywood painters do.. we really do not know what color dinosaurs were. when i was kid, they were all green or grey now the latest research suggest they may be a multiple colors.

hope this helps.

If I were going to have a costume that great I would really want it to "pop". Looking through colorful lizards and birds is a smart idea. I'd be wanting high contrast, like yellows and black to capture peoples attention. Nature has amazing color variations!

Going for blue is fine if you want to be tied to Jurassic World.

I'm curious to know how the tail is made. I have an original costume that is a lizardmen character and getting a tail which can support itself like your dinosaur's tail and moves in a somewhat natural way when moving fast is quite tricky.

Thanks for any suggestions that you have.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back