Michael Shaw Ruby Slippers stolen in 2005 recovered.

What the really interesting thing is, to me, is that the Smithsonian's pair is actually mismatched. It's a 5B and a 5BC. The recovered pair are actually the mates to those.

I personally know of 4 existing pair. The Smithsonian's and Shaw's, one in a private collection, and one that was auctioned off a few years ago (by Maddelena) and bought by Leonardo DiCaprio. I've honestly never heard of the 5th pair, and that's after watching both Maddelena's show and Gates' Expedition Unknown.

It's a little muddled since they have changed hands, but after Roberta Bauman sold her contest pair, Phillip Samuels ended up with two pairs, one which was on display at the Movie Ride at Disneyworld for years. I assume that the pair AMPAS just got, via PIH, was one of Samuels. Also, there are Debbie's 'Arabian' pair that can't be ignored.

Hey its Josh Gates from Destination Truth! He did a segment on his show Expedition Unknown about the slippers and went to the museum, and everything... Lol im glad they found these slippers~

Whole episode, actually. And there's an extended version of it now, too, where they go to Shaw and tell him the good news.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back