scaling tutorial---Batman

CdaddyP

Hi guys. I have been utterly stumped at scaling. I have watched videos, tried different methods, done everything I know to do. Frankly, I'm on the verge of just throwing in the towel. I've been attempting to find the right scale for an Arkham Origins cowl, but I keep coming up with either too small or too big, and mocking it up with paper first. I usually don't fig out that it is the wrong size until I get it in foam. I've measured height, width, even eye socket to eye socket and still its wrong. Guess I just have and odd shaped head :D I was wondering if anyone has any tips, suggestions, or could point me in the right direction. I would really appreciate it!

I would suggest modifying a foam head to your own head dimensions -- do a Google search and you'll find videos on how to do it -- and then use that custom head block to make your patterns using masking tape and aluminum foil... there's videos of how to do that process, too. [emoji6][emoji106]

Rob

Hi Cdaddy,

Making a custom mold of your own head/body is always a good thing,because no mannequin could ever replace your dimensions.
However,if you lack options/alternatives,you could try the following when using Win10:

There's a feature in 3D Builder (comes with Win10) that actually allows you to stretch one side of your design instead of having all sides stretch like in Pepakura.At the bottom in the main screen you have three features: move,rotate,and then all the way to the right there's stretching the object.This may help in customizing your design.

I'm sure that if Win10 is not your OS,some other 3d software has a similar function,and even in Pepakura before you unfold your file,there's the (time consuming) feature of stretching the surface of your file by pulling vertexes/black squares on the surface of your object sideways.

I hope this info may help in any way.Good luck ! Oh,and please never ever give up.

P.s.: for your convenience & movivation:
https://www.models-resource.com/mobile/injusticegodsamongus/model/12664/
Open & unfold in Pepakura Designer 4

Last edited:
I would suggest modifying a foam head to your own head dimensions -- do a Google search and you'll find videos on how to do it -- and then use that custom head block to make your patterns using masking tape and aluminum foil... there's videos of how to do that process, too. [emoji6][emoji106]

Rob
hi Ghostsoldier! Thanks for the advice. U do have a model of my head, which is still odd :). Prob is, the paper mock up seems to fit fine, but its the foam that doesn't. Any idea on his much to add to a model to allow for the foams thickness?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Hi Cdaddy,

Making a custom mold of your own head/body is always a good thing,because no mannequin could ever replace your dimensions.
However,if you lack options/alternatives,you could try the following when using Win10:

There's a feature in 3D Builder (comes with Win10) that actually allows you to stretch one side of your design instead of having all sides stretch like in Pepakura.At the bottom in the main screen you have three features: move,rotate,and then all the way to the right there's stretching the object.This may help in customizing your design.

I'm sure that if Win10 is not your OS,some other 3d software has a similar function,and even in Pepakura before you unfold your file,there's the (time consuming) feature of stretching the surface of your file by pulling vertexes/black squares on the surface of your object sideways.

I hope this info may help in any way.Good luck ! Oh,and please never ever give up.

P.s.: for your convenience & movivation:
https://www.models-resource.com/mobile/injusticegodsamongus/model/12664/
Open & unfold in Pepakura Designer 4
Hi George! Thanks for the idea! I haven't thought about the 3d program. That is something that I could play around with and see how it works. I'm still trying to master pepakura :)

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back