'SkekAyuk the Gourmand', glutton Skeksis hand puppet from 'The Dark Crystal'

Jediknightandy

Just wanted to share a new little project I've started on, its a hand puppet (latex) of the glutton Skeksis, seen in the movie 'The Dark Crystal'. I found this reference image of him here on the web and also got a few blurry screengrabs from the DVD of him.

SkekAyak.jpg

This is how the sculpt is looking after about 4 hours work. I plan on doing a plaster Mould and then casting out a latex version. I will post more updates here as I make progress.
Thanks for looking!
Andrew
20180902222945_IMG_6532.JPG20180902222848_IMG_6523.JPG20180902222629_IMG_6518.JPG

hey guys,
this puppet has taken a bit of a back seat as I aim to finish Fifth element stuff for Halloween, however I have successfully cast out a latex copy of the sculpt and I am pretty happy with the result. due to the simple shape of the head, I was insane enough to attempt a seamless one piece mould, and it turned out great. it as difficult getting the clay out of the plaster mould around the nose area, but with soapy water it eventually came out.
Linked here is a little gif showing a movement test
https://i.imgur.com/wMdi5Hm.gifv

View attachment 20181009225315_IMG_6680.JPG
hope you like!

Andrew

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back