Orichalcum Combat Knife from Spriggan (1998)

Sandman0077

Sr Member
I 3D modeled the combat knife that the character Yu uses in the anime movie Spriggan. It was always a cool knife, in my opinion, so I gave it a go.

03d035fcf3e2aaee9320134b70e6c29c6cf94487_hq.jpg

Knife.png

I had to piece together a 2D profile:
Knife 19inch.png

Then I went to work!
Render 1.jpg

Render 2.jpg

Render 3.jpg

Render 4.jpg

I will be 3D printing it when I get my printer in. I also plan on modeling the sheath, once I get the knife printed. I'll update as I go.

Last edited:
Akira is classic, Spriggan was cool because it wasn't following in the footsteps of anime that came before. I think it's an under rated anime.

Another favorite of mine was Record of Lodoss War, though it was pretty much Lord of the Rings in anime style. Also Demon City Shinjuku and Urotsukidōji.

Hello Sandman, nice work!!
I'm a huge fan of Spriggan (both manga and anime versions) and Yu's orichalcum blade!
Have you printed it?
Is there a chance you could share your 3D model so I could print mine? :)
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Hello Sandman, nice work!!
I'm a huge fan of Spriggan (both manga and anime versions) and Yu's orichalcum blade!
Have you printed it?
Is there a chance you could share your 3D model so I could print mine? :)
Thanks and keep up the good work!

I took nearly a year off from prop stuff. Never printed it, but I can post the model I guess. It's a Rhino file. Haven't broken it down into STLs yet. Let us know how it prints!

Attachments

• Knife.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 127
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back