Luke V2 showoff thread

I'm so angry right now. Ruined two d-rings. They just don't agree with me. I cut them too short, I leave little teeth marks from the pliers. I deform the ring. Does anyone know where I can buy a d-ring to match the original prop?

Last edited:
I'm so angry right now. Ruined two d-rings. They just don't agree with me. I cut them too short, I leave little teeth marks from the pliers. I deform the ring. Does anyone know where I can buy a d-ring to match the original prop?

https://wannawanga.com/ He's on a trip right now, his store will be open again on the 24th. Also always wrap your pliers with tape so it doesn't leave marks.

Wannawanga is the only place for accurate D rings.

Roman did a excellent video explaining how to install the D ring

https://youtu.be/-aFN269tBIw

I wrapped my Dedicate D ring pliers in gaffers tape, I also have some soft jaw plumbers pliers I do for closing the D ring

If you have a smooth set of jaws for your vice you can do the same thing

fec4069490ef42053f4cf1cdc64f7e43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey halliwax did you see Khal's video where he said he replaced the nylon set screws on his V2 with spring detent ones? I'm thinking about doing the same thing, I just have no idea where to find them at:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @halliwax did you see Khal's video where he said he replaced the nylon set screws on his V2 with spring detent ones? I'm thinking about doing the same thing, I just have no idea where to find them at:lol

when i watched it i was under the impression he didnt replace his, he found some and decided to stay with the nylon. i personally with be using stainless screws, with white lithium grease in the locking grooves in the ring section.

i hear ya on finding small metric screws.. i contacted a HUGE supplier in my area who supplies are large part of the country and they didnt have them on the shelf, nor in their computer system and would have to had found a outside source to get them (china)

crazy...

when i watched it i was under the impression he didnt replace his, he found some and decided to stay with the nylon. i personally with be using stainless screws, with white lithium grease in the locking grooves in the ring section.

i hear ya on finding small metric screws.. i contacted a HUGE supplier in my area who supplies are large part of the country and they didnt have them on the shelf, nor in their computer system and would have to had found a outside source to get them (china)

crazy...
You'll have to tell me how that works out for you, I'm not a super fan of the nylon screws

Here's his video about his complete build. Look for Adam Wells's question and Khal's reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Son of a gun!! Joker now you got me wanting to try these spring loaded grub screws... 6mm it looks like?

Sorry:D..................I think:lol

Yeah, in the comment section he said 6mm.

I just saw your unboxing video, I think the clamp is from 89 Sabers, the guy he partnered with for his Graflex kits.

Sorry:D..................I think:lol

Yeah, in the comment section he said 6mm.

I just saw your unboxing video, I think the clamp is from 89 Sabers, the guy he partnered with for his Graflex kits.

I need to update my description box, I contacted khal. I tell ya he’s got great customer service even being a 5 hour time difference he always replies almost instantly

He confirmed the clamp was 89sabers, and the lever he made himself

I never saw a 89sabers clamp before

I have been on a set screw mission the few days finally found everything I need for the v3. Now I JUST found spring loaded screws on eBay

Search “ball plunger set screw” or “ball plunger grub screw”

Seems like “ball plunger” is the trick, I also found 6mm screws. But think I’m going to drill and tap my own new holes so I can clock the emitter into Brandon’s Facebook profile picture.

There are 2 paint chips I really really like on the emitter and want them clocked into the right orientation

I need to update my description box, I contacted khal. I tell ya he’s got great customer service even being a 5 hour time difference he always replies almost instantly

He confirmed the clamp was 89sabers, and the lever he made himself

I never saw a 89sabers clamp before

I have been on a set screw mission the few days finally found everything I need for the v3. Now I JUST found spring loaded screws on eBay

Search “ball plunger set screw” or “ball plunger grub screw”

Seems like “ball plunger” is the trick, I also found 6mm screws. But think I’m going to drill and tap my own new holes so I can clock the emitter into Brandon’s Facebook profile picture.

There are 2 paint chips I really really like on the emitter and want them clocked into the right orientation

Awesome! I'm going to hit up local hardware stores first and see what I can find.

I'm not personally worried about the orientation of things, particularly since everything seems to shift from scene to scene. But I love your commitment!

So thats 6mm long? I forget how set screws are measured. Do you happen to know the diameter, and thread pitch?

Off topic, but we are getting a habor freight where I live!

Awesome! I'm going to hit up local hardware stores first and see what I can find.

I'm not personally worried about the orientation of things, particularly since everything seems to shift from scene to scene. But I love your commitment!

So thats 6mm long? I forget how set screws are measured. Do you happen to know the diameter, and thread pitch?

Off topic, but we are getting a habor freight where I live!

Harbor freight is alright, I only buy certain things from there. Basically stuff I’m not worried will break and throw away lol. Stuff that’s cheap enough you don’t care if it breaks, Lowe’s is my number one spot, plus I got a curse on a girl who works there ;)

Anyway, I have had zero luck finding any kind of metric screw at Lowe’s homedepot, ace hardware, and a very old lumberyard 2 towns away from me who has a nut and bolt section that is bigger then Lowe’s, Home Depot and ace put together.. honest to god. I need to take a picture next time I’m there..

And scary enough, fastenall... which is a HUGE nut and bolt company which has a HUGE warehouse... they have everything. And when they didn’t have 2.5mm grub screws I knew I was “screwed”

I found what I needed on eBay, so now it’s a waiting game..

I find it completely amazing how hard it is to get these smaller metric screws here in the states... mind blowing really...

Most places here don’t stock anything under 4mm.... finding 3mm set screws was a chore itself..

Let me know if you find anything.

Harbor freight is alright, I only buy certain things from there. Basically stuff I’m not worried will break and throw away lol. Stuff that’s cheap enough you don’t care if it breaks, Lowe’s is my number one spot, plus I got a curse on a girl who works there ;)

Anyway, I have had zero luck finding any kind of metric screw at Lowe’s homedepot, ace hardware, and a very old lumberyard 2 towns away from me who has a nut and bolt section that is bigger then Lowe’s, Home Depot and ace put together.. honest to god. I need to take a picture next time I’m there..

And scary enough, fastenall... which is a HUGE nut and bolt company which has a HUGE warehouse... they have everything. And when they didn’t have 2.5mm grub screws I knew I was “screwed”

I found what I needed on eBay, so now it’s a waiting game..

I find it completely amazing how hard it is to get these smaller metric screws here in the states... mind blowing really...

Most places here don’t stock anything under 4mm.... finding 3mm set screws was a chore itself..

Let me know if you find anything.

So my ever helpful father suggested I check MSC Direct, they have a very large selection, and Fastenal also carries alot. Check online that is. The only thing is, I don't know if they sell straight to the consumer.

So my ever helpful father suggested I check MSC Direct, they have a very large selection, and Fastenal also carries alot. Check online that is. The only thing is, I don't know if they sell straight to the consumer.

When mcmastercarr doesn’t have it you know your screwed

Yeah, it's the one Panaflex sold. It is like the area toward the clamp is a tiny bit higher and rougher like it stopped in the middle of the last pass on the lathe or whatever was used. No biggie since it will be mostly covered with paint anyway.

Nice!! I too was able to grab one of khals V2’s!!

https://youtu.be/vm5CbdLQ3gg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/483cba4d3881c87efcb5c9c29805172a.jpg

I was fooling around last night accurizing the ring section

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/544450e72f07f2cf687fa3c3715a32dc.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/86b69f3998a11bfa72125ee0b91d4129.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/d20b026b98407eba7d27b8ef5739352c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/3b97bc66a357413d493f97b1cf285500.jpg

Chassis and the finish crystal chamber parts should be here next week. Couldn’t for the life of me find a 0.8mm wrench...

I’ve been having a hell of a time this past week with finding small metric stuff..

You have any luck finding one here in the states?

Do you plan on modifying your blade plug at all?

Do you plan on modifying your blade plug at all?

lol already did that ;) I don’t have much free time for my own props right now. Working on clients V2’s

In between acid dipping and painting I get to play in random stuff

I am also working on a builders kit tutorial (waiting on the last screws to show up) and starting another build log of all the stuff I’ve worked on, keeping it all in one place for better organization

I’ve done a lot for a client this past winter. Really kept my head above water, e11, esb Vader, korbanth crossguard (BIG mods to that) warmachine dl-44, the list continues.

This KR V2 will get my accurized treatment, gotta drill matching opposing holes in the nipple and emitter, my nipple upgrade, cone knob upgrade, clamp card upgrade

A lot of upgrades! Lol chamber parts should be here next week

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back