New projects...

I've got patterns for quite a few projects in various stages of completion. The main reason is A) I spend the vast majority of my time designing parts (and sometimes whole kits) for other people, and B) I build all of my projects from scratch, thus I rarely, if ever, assemble a kit (unless it's one I designed myself where I also made all the parts myself).

Lately, I've started calling this my "bucket list" of things I'd like to get done -- hopefully sooner rather than later. In order, from completely patterned to still in-progress, they include:

• TOS Battlestar Galactica (6 ft) (patterns complete, actually under construction)
  • TOS Galactica shuttle (2 ft) (patterns complete, actually under construction)
  • Imperial Cruiser (4 ft, ANH version) (patterns complete, about to start construction)
  • Tantive IV (6 ft, ANH Version) (patterns complete but undergoing revision)
  • Klingon Cruiser (4 ft, ST:TMP version) (patterns complete)
  • 20K Nautilus original prototype (2 ft) (in-progress)
  • 20K Nautilus film version (11 ft) (in-progress)
  • Hyperion airship (4 ft) from The Island at the Top of the World (in-progress)
  • TNS Galactica shuttle (2 ft) (in-progress)

That's just the list of existing subjects I either have or am attempting to replicate. I also have a list of my own designs I hope to work on eventually. So many projects, so little time! :)

I'm currently juggling:
Master Grade Mk-II Gundam (currently #1)
1/8000 Macross Elysion repaint
1/12 40K Primaris Space Marine (converted from Marvel Legends Iron Monger, he's about 9" tall now)
1/12 40K Imperial Guard Trooper (converted from Black Series Resistance Fighter)
Kitting Black Series Sabine Wren out in her Season 3 gear
A couple 1/72 VF-1 Valkyries that've been asking for paint for about 5 years
A kit bashed team of 1/144 GM's, also waiting for paint
Panel lining F-toys AT-TE
Converting a 1/144 Gundam Base Jabber into my own Mid-size Star Wars freighter

Since I build at lunch at work, painting is my bottleneck.

To further complicate matters, the DSII/ISD combo kit arrived this week. My mind goes- "Hey! these are just some quick snap together meche colle kits, why not just knock them out now?"
Nope- I am sticking with the B-Wing. I waited too long for it to be taken off focus now. I was intending to build it straight out of the box with some weathering, then some inspiration hit and it is going to take a bit longer than anticipated. I really love the level of detail Bandai has done- I am seeing stuff I never new existed on this subject...

I haven’t actually finished a project since I was 18, but I have a boatload of them ready for “when I retire”.

A few have creaked forward a bit recently. Especially when I get my kick of inspiration off this site.

Maybe I should just restart one of the projects. Funnily enough one of them is a Sulaco...

I have a ****ton of stuff pending to do , stuff that i have opened or began working at some level , not just purchased and stored the box in my wardrobe...
-moebius battlestar galactica ( halfway done , main hull primed landing bay pontoons assambled and decaled the landing strip , pending to do the engines lightning, and maaaaaaaybe some fiber optic piping for some red lights , thank god for galacticas minimal windows desing)
-Comanche attack helicopter , main hull primed and assambled , waiting on how to get an engine inside for the rotors
- Su-34 1/72 scale , screwed up big time with some washes , pending to fix that mess up before i call it done
- Swordfish II , one of cowboy bebop from the bandai EX models line , i salvaged it for a decen price from some local comics store on clearance sale , halfway painted
- G-self HG , halfway painting and detailing , because the shoulder pieces were extremely lacking in details , but its such a hassle to file down something so small..
- Tekkaman blade models upgrade: i managed to get all 3 bandai 90s model kits , but obviously the engineering sucked big time , so i´m going to get some other grunt enemy mobile suits from gundam AGE , and kitbash the tekkamen on top of the grunt suits , and get the soltekkaman to work like a proper power suit ( As in it carries a batman/spartan figurine for the Sprukit line )
- 2 custom SHFiguarts from metal gear rising , one for jetstream sam ( that is like 70% done) and one for raiden , but i´m stuck on how to carve properly on the material from the belly piece thats some weird rubber-like pvc material , and i also dont know what primer for the paint to use...
-A 1/144 scale turbokat , i did a 1/72 one like 12 years ago and wanted to give it a go with proper tools ( i also repainted and tried to detail up the old one )

And that excludes some wh40k miniatures and vehicles , 3 gundams from IBO , 1 from try fighters , a commander type Brave from 00 , a B2, a space shuttle , a virgin spacechip one , a globemaster all in 1/144 and a battle carrier from italeri.
But my will is so flimsy that instead of do any of this during the summer , i began scratch building , an arwing , wolfen from the Snes starfox games and since i had some new resins and silicone also tried the hybrid fighter from independence day resurgence...

WP_20180521_01_56_03_Pro.jpg36822350_335022193704339_2800055756274008064_n.jpg37976982_208165206709672_6641361530996654080_n.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back