Finally: my customized "World Con" Tomenosuke project

Jedisushi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After a harrowing, weeks-long ordeal during which the USPS proved their ultimate incompetence, I am so thrilled to finally be able to share this with everyone.

@scottjua did amazing work putting this all together for me. And that's no surprise, as Scott did amazing work on two vintage Graflex builds for me last year.

When I sent my 2049 Tomen off to Scott I already had a Don Parker steel cylinder, and I'd sourced a vintage weaver knob and binding post and a steel barrel. I also bought a genuine magwell directly from Steyr in Alabama. The current model is not as glossy as the real prop or the Tomen reproduction, but it polished up nicely and I think it'll look better and better over time.

My request to Scott was simple: let's make a World Con blaster, but without the 20 years of neglect that occurred "out of universe" following production. I think Scott did a perfect job with this. It's exactly what I imagined. I also want to say specifically that Scott was a great partner throughout the ordeal with the USPS. I can't recommend him highly enough both for his work and his professionalism. I'd trust Scott with any project.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and I'd be happy to answer any questions. It feels great to complete a project many months in the making, and it wouldn't have been possible without 1) Scott, and 2) the amazing community of the RPF. To those who helped me out privately, you know who you are – many thanks!

DSC_0217.jpgDSC_0219.jpgDSC_0221.jpgDSC_0222.jpgDSC_0223.jpgDSC_0224.jpgDSC_0225.jpgDSC_0226.jpgDSC_0229.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back