Subscribe
    3 Weeks Ago  Aug 26, 2018, 9:33 PM - New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #1

Hey guys, so this is a project I've been really wanting to do for the past couple months now and have been working on each night.

So a little over a year ago I created my haunted mask replica from goosebumps which actually became my top selling mask.

Since then I've made so much progress sculpting wise and have made so many copies of these that, each time, I noticed little things that just didnt sit well with me about some of the forms. So I decided I would get the best reference material possible and really make the definitive version of the haunted mask!

Here is the initial turn around;

rough comparison of both sculpts, previous on left, new on right;

The thickness and dynamics of the forms, i.e; cheek bones, brows, cranium shape and size ect. really became noticeable to me and I wanted to really make them as close to the original as possible.

Will be taking some pics after each sculpting session and posting until complete! Thanks for looking!
    3 Weeks Ago  Aug 27, 2018, 12:00 PM - Re: New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #2

The haunted mask was a huge part of my childhood, I will be watching very closely here! It looks great so far.

The Cain Productions version that TOTS is now making was really good but felt there were a couple things off about it like the mouth being to small.
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2018
    3 Weeks Ago  Aug 29, 2018, 2:51 AM - Re: New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #3

It looks creepy! Nice work! Keep us posted.
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 1, 2018, 5:20 AM - Re: New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #4

Thanks guys! So here is where i am currently with the sculpt;

Still things I see that need to be changed, jaw needs to be a bit more curved and thicker, need to refine the nose a bit and make around the lips a bit more, but coming along well.

Ive also made some resin teeth as an option instead of the sculpted ones, to reflect the makeup version in the show. Moulded in silicone and casted in smoothcast;

Thanks for looking!
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 7, 2018, 10:47 AM - Re: New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #5

Wow this has to be the best replica I've seen! I still have the official haunted mask they made when i was 5.
    1 Week Ago  Sep 14, 2018, 1:18 PM - Re: New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #6

Wow that is looking really good.
    From
    L.A.
    5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 10:08 AM - Re: New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #7

I have seen your first one a few times and still absolutely love how you painted it. Everything about it screams vintage to me. Beautiful work.

Can’t wait to see this updated version. It’s looking great already!
    From
    Canada
    5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 9:49 PM - Re: New Goosebumps Haunted mask (re sculpt WIP) #8

Wow, I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. This will scare and amaze the people that will see it.