Daedalus scratch build

barrie

Hi every one its been a while since I last posted I have been busy model making of all things ( I can not stop building ) here is my latest which has been sold to a collector in Greece who has bought quite a few of my models, this is the daedalus from the tv series Star Gate. its all scratch built from plastic sheet with the exception of some bits from my very big spares box, please let me know what you think.
regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF6040.jpg
    DSCF6040.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCF7015.jpg
    DSCF7015.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCF7305.jpg
    DSCF7305.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF7444.jpg
    DSCF7444.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 348
  • DSCF7435.jpg
    DSCF7435.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCF9051.jpg
    DSCF9051.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF9169.jpg
    DSCF9169.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF9345.jpg
    DSCF9345.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCF9346.jpg
    DSCF9346.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 335
  • DSCF9255.jpg
    DSCF9255.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 256
Thank both for your good comments,
I would love to have a go at the Prometheus but have not been able to find any good drawings from which to work, I have done the wrecked alien craft from the Alien film and also the Nostromo and the platform here are a few photos, they have all been sold to collectors. If any body out there has some good drawings of the Prometheus I would like to hear from them.

Attachments

• DSCF0875.jpg
    DSCF0875.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF0876.jpg
    DSCF0876.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF0679.jpg
    DSCF0679.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCF3198.jpg
    DSCF3198.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF2491.jpg
    DSCF2491.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF7217.jpg
    DSCF7217.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 230
I've seen your Alien builds, great job on those. I may not have been clear but I was referring to the Stargate Prometheus, predecessor to the Daedalus.

I've seen your Alien builds, great job on those. I may not have been clear but I was referring to the Stargate Prometheus, predecessor to the Daedalus.
Sorry robn 1 as I have never seen the tv show I had no idea that there was a for runner to the Daedalus ship, have you got any drawings or pics of the ship that you could put on this post ? if so then maybe I could have a go at the Promethus craft,

Sorry robn 1 as I have never seen the tv show I had no idea that there was a for runner to the Daedalus ship, have you got any drawings or pics of the ship that you could put on this post ? if so then maybe I could have a go at the Promethus craft,

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus

The Prometheus looked a lot more crude than the Daedalus, it was perfect as the first attempt to build such a ship. Stargate SG1 was a great show. It had a very natural feeling of progression as they built up their technology over time. I especially liked the season 7 episode "Inauguration" with William Devane as the newly elected US president, there's a scene where he's told about the top secret Stargate program and he thinks it's a joke.

Looking forward to your next build, whatever it is :thumbsup

I might have some reference for the Prometheus up at work. The Prometheus was a lot smaller than the Daedalus, so it will be an easier build, even though it's a lot less streamlined of a craft.
I made a smaller kit of Daedalus a few years back and made a Prometheus in the same scale to sit side by side with the D.
I can check on my reference hard drive at work if you want.

Daedalusmasterfinito2.jpg

PrometheusandDaedalus4.jpg

PrometheusandDaedalus2.jpg

PrometheusandDaedalus1.jpg

Very nice models Gheleon,
it would be very kind of you if you could post some reference for the older craft prometheus as my firend in Greece may want me to try to build a big version for him some time in the future, any thing you have would be very much welcome as the more information you have the better model you can build, thanks very much.

Very nice models Gheleon,
it would be very kind of you if you could post some reference for the older craft prometheus as my firend in Greece may want me to try to build a big version for him some time in the future, any thing you have would be very much welcome as the more information you have the better model you can build, thanks very much.

No worries, Barrie.
PM sent with some images. I hope they help you out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back