Bandai 1/72 scale B wing Starfighter Special Edition WIP

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
I know theres a few that have already built the ship but since there are some guys who like to see progress pics here you go. I will update until finished.

42460707270_b65184091c_b.jpg
20180825_210430 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

The Special Edition comes with a Corellian (human) pilot. I honestly prefer it to the sullustan one. The body of the two is the same, they only changed its heads. The Special Ed one should have come with the two of them IMO though.

44220009122_b0d3c8fcd1_b.jpg
20180825_212126 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

44220009942_ed012bb199_b.jpg
20180825_212144 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

As a curious side note the pilot needed some trimming to fit flush against the seat. Trimming was done over the rib on the seat itself. A rare happening in the way Bandai kits usually come together. Your experience may be different.

I know theres a few that have already built the ship but since there are some guys who like to see progress pics here you go. I will update until finished.

[url]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1844/42460707270_b65184091c_b.jpg[/url]20180825_210430 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

The Special Edition comes with a Corellian (human) pilot. I honestly prefer it to the sullustan one. The body of the two is the same, they only changed its heads. The Special Ed one should have come with the two of them IMO though.

[url]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1892/44220009122_b0d3c8fcd1_b.jpg[/url]20180825_212126 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

[url]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1846/44220009942_ed012bb199_b.jpg[/url]20180825_212144 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

As a curious side note the pilot needed some trimming to fit flush against the seat. Trimming was done over the rib on the seat itself. A rare happening in the way Bandai kits usually come together. Your experience may be different.
Trimming down on a bandai model?
Are you sure there is no other seat? A wider one?
That's a first for me and u think I have all SW bandai models.

Btw.
After you not painting the model? Or only weathering?

please don't take me serious I'm crazy :)

Thanks for posting progress pics! Hopefully my standard B-Wing arrives in a couple of weeks. It will be a nice distraction from my PG Falcon build.:)

Trimming down on a bandai model?
Are you sure there is no other seat? A wider one?
That's a first for me and u think I have all SW bandai models.

Btw.
After you not painting the model? Or only weathering?

Im planning to do this one as my other Bandai models. No basecoat. Lets see how it goes.

Im planning to do this one as my other Bandai models. No basecoat. Lets see how it goes.
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive... But keep posting pictures :) I wanted to motorize mine but I will pay the skills. So far have not had the time to find it or how it works.

Thanks for sharing this build Oscar .
Correct me if I’m mistaken , but this’ll be the first time you’re posting a Bandai SW build - from beginning to completion right ?
Hoping to learn & be inspired by it , when eventually tackling mine .
Looking forward to seeing how the lighting components work on this , as I’ve ordered the ‘ normal ‘ version kit with a separate light module .

:cheersGed

OOooohhhhhh.... Bandai scores another direct hit!

Thanks for posting the pics! I'm peeking in the box to stare at the sprues myself now and deciding whether to hit pause on the Zvezda or push through to finishing the port side wedding cake before I follow your footsteps with the B-Wing.

OOooohhhhhh.... Bandai scores another direct hit!

Thanks for posting the pics! I'm peeking in the box to stare at the sprues myself now and deciding whether to hit pause on the Zvezda or push through to finishing the port side wedding cake before I follow your footsteps with the B-Wing.
I'm abandoning my Zevzda in drydock for a while and focusing on the CC B-Wing. I simply have waited too long to get a great styrene kit of this ship.

That is how I am building mine- the colors look true and it will really shine with some simple weathering

"Some places like the wings, decals will not cut it. I found the matching paint to tackle those areas..."

What was wrong with them?-

Lots of details and greeblies over the area the decal would need to cover. Painting would be better. In fact the kit mentions that there is another set of smaller decals in case you decide to paint. They know the decals would most probably break over those smaller details.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back