The Sarlacc Pit Cornhole Board

Fuzzual

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Happy Friday RPFers! I have one this round that I really hope you all like. I was inspired a few years ago by the 501st's Death Star Trench Run Cornhole Board (wow, say that 5 times really fast) . Anyway, that was such a great build that it always stuck in the back of my mind. Then for Christmas my wife gave me a sweet set of Star Wars Cornhole Bags, and I figured that I needed the appropriate board for such a gift.

We are sitting there watching Jedi, and my wife says (very nonchalantly) "I'd like a Sarlacc Pit in the backyard. I think it could be useful." uh . . . yeah! And then it hit me, why not a cornhole board!!!!

So, there you have it, and now the rest is history. So below you will see my journey in building The Sarlacc Pit Cornhole Board!

I also threw in another of our geeked out videos if you want to see the full build.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

44197187422_3098f2f478_b.jpg

44197186872_0655c9ff99_b.jpg

43340141355_a20591f798_b.jpg

43340139725_bcf5fce2f4_b.jpg

44197184912_348a621da3_b.jpg

44197184262_d9855cb321_b.jpg

43340137635_954ac82185_b.jpg

29310350817_503a18f0d6_b.jpg

44197132092_acb6414a81_b.jpg

29310310277_9958fbea59_b.jpg

44245832941_f980737984_b.jpg

44245826291_fca78bd4a9_b.jpg

29310303757_866dcd933a_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My god man, you went and did it again. Out of the park! Love it!
Just need a margarita and I’m ready to play!

Love it brother......you should add sand dunes to the platforms! I know, it would prevent the bags from sliding like when you play normally, but would look awesome!

That is just wicked! Love the sandcrawler sound effects in the video...whole thing was hilarious! Can't wait for the second installment.

Last edited:
Great idea, though not functional. I would have filled the hole with clear epoxy, so you could still see in to all the goodies, but also use it.

Love it brother......you should add sand dunes to the platforms! I know, it would prevent the bags from sliding like when you play normally, but would look awesome!

Thank you my friend, I really had to show restraint on adding anything to the board for the exact reason you said, I still wanted it to work as much like a cornhole board as possible. But you are not wrong, it would look sweet.

I look forward to see the next video.

Thank you Stormy, that means a lot to us. We are having a blast making them.

This is epically awesome!

Much appreciated!

That is just wicked! Love the sandcrawler sound effects in the video...whole thing was hilarious! Can't wait for the second installment.

Thank you Tumbler, that is great to hear you liked it. We will have new stuff every week, but it will be at least a few weeks before the 2nd half of this project. Hopefully the other stuff is entertaining as well.

Crossing my fingers for Death Star trench.

(Fantastic job!)

PS: Why not Boba Fett bean bags?

I hate to disappoint, but since the trench run has already been done we are going with something I have not seen before, but hopefully you will get a kick out of it. Fett bags would be great, i'll get my partner (best wife in the galaxy) right on that!

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea, though not functional. I would have filled the hole with clear epoxy, so you could still see in to all the goodies, but also use it.

Hey Triton, thanks. We didn't want to fill the hole so that you could still play cornhole and the bags could go through like on a normal set. Unless you meant something else that makes this non-functional? Maybe i am missing something?

I'm so going to steal this idea!

Did you see this build azheat01? This was what originally inspired me to think cornhole. They did a great job! I saw it in person at Denver Comic Con this year. I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that the 501st in Colorado built it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am Cornholio! I approve!

I was hoping someone would respond with this exact comment!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I meant, filling everything BUT the regulation hole with epoxy level with the wood.

Like put a tube form in the hole, fill the voids with epoxy, then sand flush with the wood. Ya know? Like a epoxy river table?

Yeah I meant, filling everything BUT the regulation hole with epoxy level with the wood.

Like put a tube form in the hole, fill the voids with epoxy, then sand flush with the wood. Ya know? Like a epoxy river table?

Yeah I see what you mean now. That would have been a cool way to have it be a bit more "regulation" and protect the teeth a bit. Thanks!

Your ideas and skills always impress! Keep going!

Hey! Thanks for that, it really means a lot to me!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back