All-steel Guts' Raider sword from the anime/manga Berserk

Dope

I got a customer commission for a 75% scale Raider sword (golden age arc of course) so here she is at 63" and 24lbs. Yes, the blade should be slightly tapered but this was a budget build so that was the one thing that helped the customer's wallet. The customer wanted it to be "functional", hence the scaled down appearance. It's still pretty big and pretty heavy but quite balanced and usable. I shot a video smashing a ton of free craigslist furniture and it worked great.

For now, here's some pics:
1rnyEr5.jpg

GuZvqPH.jpg

Rest of pics: https://imgur.com/a/083WltF

Part one of the build videos:

Enjoy!

Dope

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, dude! First off, beautiful work. Second, 24 lbs???? I can't wait to see the smash video. With that weight that thing's gonna be a beast to swing. Just watching you wrangle that monster to show it off is impressive, lol.

Outstanding job, sir!

Holy crap, dude! First off, beautiful work. Second, 24 lbs???? I can't wait to see the smash video. With that weight that thing's gonna be a beast to swing. Just watching you wrangle that monster to show it off is impressive, lol.

Outstanding job, sir!

Thanks, it'll be up in about 2 weeks, I'm working on editing it together. Hopefully it's awesome-ish :D

Gathered up some free furniture on Craigslist and had a go at it. Hope it looks as fun as it was for us!

Dope

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back